7 TEAR OLD PICKLED GARLIC!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
OK I found a jar of garlic that I pickled with my dill pickle recipe over 7 years ago.
Judy found it in the back bottom of the fridge. I couldn't help myself I just had to give it a try.
WOW, it has a distinct garlic flavor, but not overpowering. It's almost sweet.
I'm going to take a few & put them in EVOO, and have them as snacks on Christmas.
Here is a couple of photo's:
IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

My god are these good!
I may have to start another batch for 2026.
I can't even explain the flavor, it's just awesome!!
And with EVOO on a slice of crusty french bread! OMG!!!
My Christmas guests are gonna be blown away with this.
And the crazy thing is I didn't even know I had it!!
Al

I have had the "forgotten pickled garlic".As you said, it has a hard to explain taste, other than outstanding.It sure didn't last long, try it on a Caesar salad!

Reactions: Hawging It
I Love a Great Find!!!
Now I gotta start looking around.
Bet I won't be that Lucky!
Like.

Bear

Wow! 7 years! Thats awesome. Kind of like finding a $20 in the pocket of an old coat lol!
That's going to be awesome on that french bread!
Damn I bet that is good! I never find anything good in my fridge like that haha
Interesting. Anything 7 years old in my refer would likely Crawl Out on its own...JJ
I have had the "forgotten pickled garlic".As you said, it has a hard to explain taste, other than outstanding.It sure didn't last long, try it on a Caesar salad!
Awesome Al some surprises are just great.

Warren
WOWSERS Al

Those look great and i bet they are very good.
Awesome find Al. I'll bet they were tasty.
I Love a Great Find!!!
Now I gotta start looking around.
Bet I won't be that Lucky!
Like.

Bear
Man I am jealous , I LOVE garlic!!
SA, I bet that tastes awesome !
Save me a bite, Al.
What’s the recipe Al?

Thanks guys!
I have some that I just put in a jar with EVOO to get nice & ready for Christmas!
Jabiru Jabiru , the recipe for the brine is exactly the same one I use for my dill pickles, except I didn't put any dill in the garlic.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky