6th Annual SMF Carolinas Smokers Gathering (May 19, 20 and 21, 2017) WITH PICS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
In a couple hours i will be scoring and marinading the rib roasts (2) for tomorrow nights smoke. i will post some pics,

see y'all Saturday,

phatbac (Aaron)

Potato salad made. 6 racks of ribs and fish thawing in the fridge. Lebanon bologna sliced and vacuum sealed. all the junk I'm bringing piled in the corner, Mrs B sittin there watching TV not doing a dang thing to help...... priceless...lol 
biggrin.gif

So i decided to go simple with the rib roasts I'm smoking for Saturday (tomorrow). I marinaded in some Worcestershire sauce (as the salt) and some fresh black pepper. I trimmed the really hard fat that wont render and scored the fat caps. here is what we have so far

scored

on the side

Seasoned

Marinading

More pics of the smoke coming tonight and tomorrow!

See you at the gathering!

phatbac (Aaron)

Friday

Joe brought huge oysters and his home made oyster shucker.

Saturday

Briskets

ABTs

North Carolina Speckled Trout filet nuggets.

We actually had dinner ready before the sun went down.

We had Smoked prime rib, spares, baby backs, pulled pork, brisket, BBQ Nachos, BBQ salad, mac & cheese, baked beans, fruit salad, pasta salad, rolls, pickled asparagus, trout nuggets and raw oysters. And some other stuff I probably forgot.

ABTs

Plane formation from Charlotte Motor Speedway. All Star race was going on that night.

The ritual burning of the Christmas tree.

Great weekend all in all. Saw some old friends and made a few new ones.

Once again it was good food, good people and good weather. We had a great time seeing everyone again and meeting new friends. Thanks Scott and cricket for hosting another NC gathering......
first.gif

Joe

Some pics of the French dip sammies.... lunch on Saturday was on me...

had some temps spike on me so the outside got seared more than i meant

Smokey Au Jus recipe courtesy of Chef Jimmy J (except no wine)

I sliced the meat for the sammies

Everyone who ate the sammies loved it!

We had a great time and really appreciate Alelover and his Mrs. for hosting the event. Boykjo did a lot to make it a success too and we thank him!

we look forward to next year!

Happy Smoking,

phatbac (Aaron)

Man... you gotta love these Gathering's... Looks like it was a great time... which one is next ?? Michigan's or PA's ??

Pa one is in October, hope it turns out as good as this one.

You all are welcome.

Last edited:
Those sammies were awesome. Can't thank Aaron enough for that. Sure took a lot of pressure off of Joe and I trying to get Q ready. Nobody went hungry and there was always food to eat. I would also like to thank Lisa B at Vacuum Sealers Unlimited for her donation and Tulsa Jeff for his awesome book Smoking Meat: The Essential Guide to Real Barbecue. WingRider's son-in-law got the book. He is just starting to get into BBQ and this will be a big benefit to him and Bob(WingRider). He now will have a helper. The Sweet Life and 2 Gals Kitchen here in Concord gave us a bunch of beer and the most unbelievable chocolate cake. Someone must have a pic of it somewhere. Can't wait til next year. Should be the same weekend so mark your calendars.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky