55 Gallon Reverse Flow Build with pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ballagh

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
Iowa
Finally found some time to get it started.  This was my first time using a plasma cutter.  Holy Cow that thing is awesome.  Makes nice straight cuts and fast.  I am using a 55 gallon veggie oil drum, and a craftsman air compressor tank that is 20 gallons.  So far I have the two tank mated together, and the doors cut out.  I did do a burn out to get the oil residue out of there, and it is at the sandblaster now.  I bought my hinges from kck and the SS handles.  I picked up 4 closure clamps from harbour freight tool co to keep the doors snug, and went to a muffler shop and had 2-3"x30" pipes bent for the stacks.I need to do some trimming on them since they did not turn out the way I wanted them.  The only real beast of a problem I have had so far was welding the outside line of the two tanks together.  I know part of it is the barrel is super thin, and probley not made with the cleanest metal.  I might end up putting a trim piece of flat bar and try to weld it again to seal it.  This will be built on a stand, waist height on casters, and yes the cheesy plastic wheels are comig off.  Kind of nice right now for "wheeling around" HA!!!!  Here are some pics, with more to come.  Enjoy.

That's a good start.  Do you have a link for the hinges and handles?

Did you buy a plasma cutter or borrow one?  Been thinking about getting one myself.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky