51st ANNIVERSARY WEEKEND EATATHON! VERY PIC HEAVY!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hi Al,

A sincere congratulations to a great couple!

Awe heck man, now I am going to have to make blackened crab cakes, wholly hell those look good.

The whole spread looks so good! The are absolutely all of my favorites... food Nirvana no doubt!

You got me going now, I was thinking about a blackened New York strip and wasn't too excited about it, and now it's GAME ON BLACKENED STYLE.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Awesome my friend, Awesome!

Hey thanks John!

Your the one who got me started on this blackened steak thing.

The blackened crab cake was off the charts!

Al
51 years ! Wow! Who said there's no such thing as true love?
All that food and you're thinking about ordering pizza? No leftovers?
Happy anniversary and may you have many more!!

Dan
Thanks Dan!

There really is no leftovers, except for a half box of tails.

Al

WOW, congrats.

Awesome job on all that food.    Looks fantastic.

Appreciate it buddy!

Al

Congrats and interesting recipe. Being on the Maryland border Crab has Mayo and a bit of Mustard as a binder. The cheese sounds interesting...JJ
Thanks JJ!

It was different than our usual crab stuffing recipe, but I like to experiment.

Al
Dang Al, talk about a few days of awesome food... WOW ! That all looks amazing !
drool.gif

Congrats to Judy & you on 51 years... How cool !
icon14.gif
Thank you Justin!

I'm about as close to a food coma as you can get!

Al

Congratulations to you and Miss Judy, Al.  God-----51 years!!!!!   
yahoo.gif

The food looks absolutely fantastic--especially the stuffing.  I could probably live on that for a LONG time.

points.gif
Thank you Gary!

I haven't ate that much rich food at one time in a very long time.

I think we are having salad for dinner tonight (Sun)

Al
Happy 51st Al. that food looks great. Im sure Judy will keep you around cooking like that
yahoo.gif
Thank you so much Brian.

Al

Awesome post Al.  Congratulations   Point for the cooking.  2  points to Judy  for putting up with ya! B

Holy smokes Al. As always, nothing but awesome!! Happy Anniversary!

I've always split tails on the underside, or all the way in half. I'm trying this for sure!! Maybe not THAT big of ones though, goodness!
icon14.gif

Last edited:
Happy anniversary to you and your bride Al! what a great weekend of delicious food!
Thank you Mike!

Al
Happy anniversary and holy crap, I'm coming to Florida next year for this!

Points for the happy couple AND for those awesome meals!
Hey Charlie!

Your always welcome here!

Al
Happy anniversary Al!
All that looks so good I have no words to discribe what my taste are saying, I love sea food.
Randy,
Thank you Randy!

We kinda overdosed on the rich food, but it only happens once a year.

Al

Holy smokes Al. As always, nothing but awesome!! Happy Anniversary!

I've always split tails on the underside, or all the way in half. I'm trying this for sure!! Maybe not THAT big of ones though, goodness!
icon14.gif

Thank you so much!

Yea if you cut the shell down the back it makes a nice vehicle for putting whatever you want in there,

and not cutting the meat in half keeps it much juicier. 

I used to split the tails into 2 pieces, but found the meat tends to dry out.

So I started doing it this way & it stays real juicy.

Al

"I probably should buy Judy some new jeans, but after the box of lobster, she'll have to wait for her birthday"

Geez M. Crow, Al, you'll need to get her sweat pants.  That's a LOT of delicious food!

Happiest of anniversaries, and wishing you many more,

-Parx

"I probably should buy Judy some new jeans, but after the box of lobster, she'll have to wait for her birthday"

Geez M. Crow, Al, you'll need to get her sweat pants.  That's a LOT of delicious food!

Happiest of anniversaries, and wishing you many more,

-Parx
Thanks Parx!

Actually those are her lounge around the house jeans.

You know like the ones we wear & our wives keep throwing out.

But we keep wearing them because they are the most comfortable.

She has a whole closet of clothes, but like us, chooses to wear what's comfortable around the house!

Al

Congrats!! Probably feels like 5 years to you two. I always add a little extra vanilla to Krusteaze waffles too. Might have to try the soda water trick.

Congrats!! Probably feels like 5 years to you two. I always add a little extra vanilla to Krusteaze waffles too. Might have to try the soda water trick.
Thank you!

I like cinnamon in the waffles to, but she didn't add it this time.

And your right it does feel like 5 years.

So to all you young guys enjoy every day like it was your last, because time really flies by quickly!!!!!

And the cruel thing is in your mind you still think your a young guy.

But when you try to do young guy things it just doesn't work out like you would think it would.

Al

Sorry to be late to this, Al. I've always believed the secret to my long marriage is marrying a tolerant woman. Looking at your post, I am thinking making great food might have a part of it too. Great looking food.

If two people have been married for 51 years it usually means they are both great people who deserve each other. I will hoist a beverage tonight and toast two great people who deserve the happiness they have found. Slainthe!

Disco

Congratulations to you and Judy!!!!

Everything looks incredibly delicious!!! Points!!

Congratulations.gif

Sorry to be late to this, Al. I've always believed the secret to my long marriage is marrying a tolerant woman. Looking at your post, I am thinking making great food might have a part of it too. Great looking food.

If two people have been married for 51 years it usually means they are both great people who deserve each other. I will hoist a beverage tonight and toast two great people who deserve the happiness they have found. Slainthe!

Disco
Thanks a lot guys!

Judy & I appreciate it very much!

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky