50th Wedding Anniversary—Prime Rib—Hickory Smoked (Panned)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great post Bear. Another fine example for the carousel. Big Like.

Congrats also on the Golden Wedding Anniversary!!!

FWIW - I have only been "wrong" for 32 years...but only realized it a year ago haha

Thank You Eddie!!
Hang in there--You'll get there!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

John....

I don’t know how I overlooked this thread until today. 50 years...that’s a wonderful and joyous accomplishment (for Mrs. Bear...;)). Seriously...all my best to both of you!

Happy Anniversary!

And the PR looks like your usual perfection...nicely done as always!

Red

Thanks a Bunch, Red !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Congratulations Bear to you and your wife.
You always show such great looking dishes.
Hope you didn't post this till days later. Then again she's probably used to pulling you off the computer to spend time together. LOL.
Likes and pounts to you sir.
Rob

Thank You Rob!!
LOL--She can take it---I spent most of our first year of Marriage in Vietnam.
It usually takes me at least 3 or 4 days after a smoke, to get it posted.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

50 years? Whooo Weee John. That woman qualifies for sainthood! Lmao.
Seriously. Congratulations to the both of you my good friend. 50 years of success, challenges, victories and love is an accomplishment few can brag about.
37 for Mrs BD and I. It been a breeze for me.... Not an easy road for her I am sure! LOL
Now cut me a slice of that pie will ya brother? B

50 years?????? Good Lord, John. Your Miss Linda truly is a Saint.
Wow. Congratulations. These days that's close to a record.
My Miss Linda and I have only racked up 14 so far, so I figure I'd have to be about 106 years old to see the 50th, and that ain't gonna happen. LOL.
Great meal and that pie is one of my favorites. Tell Miss Linda I said it's POINT worthy.
Gary

50 years? Whooo Weee John. That woman qualifies for sainthood! Lmao.
Seriously. Congratulations to the both of you my good friend. 50 years of success, challenges, victories and love is an accomplishment few can brag about.
37 for Mrs BD and I. It been a breeze for me.... Not an easy road for her I am sure! LOL
Now cut me a slice of that pie will ya brother? B

Thank You Brian!!!
You're right---The woman definitely could be a Saint!!
I like to say our marriage was tempered, by my landing in Vietnam 43 days after taking our vows.
37 years??--You're catching up!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

50 years?????? Good Lord, John. Your Miss Linda truly is a Saint.
Wow. Congratulations. These days that's close to a record.
My Miss Linda and I have only racked up 14 so far, so I figure I'd have to be about 106 years old to see the 50th, and that ain't gonna happen. LOL.
Great meal and that pie is one of my favorites. Tell Miss Linda I said it's POINT worthy.
Gary

Thanks a Bunch, Gary!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Thanks for sharing! I followed your steps and turn out the best Christmas dinner ever. Even tried my had and the raspberry pie. ;).

E4721DE9-5EC7-4698-8E51-84307729A820.jpeg

77C08DF4-5289-4251-8568-56C47C35A248.jpeg

Excellent Job, Papa!!
Both the PR & the Pie look perfect !!
Nice job!!
Like.

Bear

I was remembering your 49th last year when you did such a fantastic job on the meal. Congratulations on making th 50th. Not many people get to say that.!

HT

Thank You Sir!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

hey bearcarver. a belated congrats. Did i read your internal temperature correct of 140? pictures look a perfect medium rare? i thought medium rare is around 130.

hey bearcarver. a belated congrats. Did i read your internal temperature correct of 140? pictures look a perfect medium rare? i thought medium rare is around 130.

Thank You!
I think most people call Medium Rare lower than I do.
I just use the words roughly, and concentrate more on the actual Internal Temp.
I have smoked my Prime ribs anywhere between 135° and 144°, and I found we like between 139° and 143° the best.
Just about all of mine have that same beautiful Pink, from Bark to Bark, whether they be 137° or 143°.
I personally think all of my numbers are too high for Rare, and too low (Pink) for Medium, hence---"Medium Rare".

Bear

Thank You!
I think most people call Medium Rare lower than I do.
I just use the words roughly, and concentrate more on the actual Internal Temp.
I have smoked my Prime ribs anywhere between 135° and 144°, and I found we like between 139° and 143° the best.
Just about all of mine have that same beautiful Pink, from Bark to Bark, whether they be 137° or 143°.
I personally think all of my numbers are too high for Rare, and too low (Pink) for Medium, hence---"Medium Rare".

Bear

i actually agree here. did mine to 125 and after i pulled it made it's way up to 128. It was still rare. I think i will pull at 135 on my next one.

IMG_2154.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky