50th Wedding Anniversary—Prime Rib—Hickory Smoked (Panned)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Congrats there Mr. Bear and Mrs. Bear If I know how I would get Mrs. Bear a Metal of Honor which I'm sure is mighty deserving.

Great looking PR and great looking meal.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
I think it's my Prime Ribs that keep her here!! :)
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Congrats Bear! And the prime rib looks AMAZING! Your instructions have never done me wrong and can't wait to make ~15lbs of PR for Christmas!

Thank You Turick!!
15 Pounder?---That's a Biggie!!
I just got a 19.6 pounder, but I cut it in 4 pieces & removed the bones.
Should give us 4 nice Prime Rib Smokes & a nice Beef Dino Ribs Smoke with 11 Meaty Bones.
Probably wait until Spring.

Bear

Happy anniversary!

The meat looks great. I’m going to try this for Christmas dinner. How big a cut would you recommend for 10 people and how long would it go in for? Thanks and congrats again.

Happy anniversary!

The meat looks great. I’m going to try this for Christmas dinner. How big a cut would you recommend for 10 people and how long would it go in for? Thanks and congrats again.

Thank You Papa!!
I would say about a 10 pounder for 10 people, or 12 pounder if it has the bones in it yet.
Time @ 220 smoker temp, should be about 5 to 5 1/2 hours, depending on your finished IT.

Bear

Bear, Congrats and Happy Anniversary to you and the Mrs. That's a delicious looking meal, but we would expect nothing less from you! David.

Thank You David!!

Bear

One thing I should have added A Special Congrats to Mrs Bear for putting up with
you grouchy ole A$$ for 50 years

:emoji_astonished::emoji_blush:

Gary

LOL---Thank You!!
GGRRrrrrrrrrrrrr............

Bear

Great looking food and Happy 50 Anniversary Mr Bear and Mrs Bear!

<Also we know one of His weaknesses now..lemon meringue pie...but..who doesn't have a weakness for that?!>

Thank You Tom!!
Actually this Lemon Meringue Pie is Mrs Bear's weakness.
Mine Favorite is & always will be Her Raspberry Chiffon Pie, as follows below:
Raspberry Chiffon Pie (Mrs Bear's Recipe)

Bear

Thank You Turick!!
15 Pounder?---That's a Biggie!
Bear

So... I have 15 pounds of rib roasts, but they are in 3 different sections. Every time I went through the store I bought another one! I think I might only make 12 pounds and save 3 for a later date. But the sales aren't over and I might grab some more at these cheap prices and vacuum seal and freeze them for a later date.

Which brings me to a question... If I put the roasts on different racks on my mes40, would they cook at different temps/times? Would it be best to try to get them on the same rack if I want them all to finish at the same time?

So... I have 15 pounds of rib roasts, but they are in 3 different sections. Every time I went through the store I bought another one! I think I might only make 12 pounds and save 3 for a later date. But the sales aren't over and I might grab some more at these cheap prices and vacuum seal and freeze them for a later date.

Which brings me to a question... If I put the roasts on different racks on my mes40, would they cook at different temps/times? Would it be best to try to get them on the same rack if I want them all to finish at the same time?

Well, If you do them in Pans, like I like to do for easy clean-up, you won't be able to get more than one on a rack.
So I would recommend trying to get them on the same rack, without a pan.
If you have to use two racks, use the highest racks & probe them both, being ready to rotate racks, or pull one earlier than the other, due to different finishing times.
The important thing being getting them to finish at your favorite Internal Temp, even if one happens to be a half hour sooner than the other.

Bear

Congratulations to you and Ms. Bear. But 50 years? You cradle robber!

That's really cool man, in a time when the majority of the marriages can't get thru 20. Just think, you've got the all the hard part figured out, the next 50 should be easy. But listen, I suggest you get the extended parts and agreement when it come around this time.

Congrats again my friend.

EDITT :: Why no raspberry fluff for dessert? You are special now! She's gonna keep ya no matter what ya ask for. She can't take you back for a refund!

Thank You Much, Foamy!!
This Lemon Meringue was one of Her favorites.
I like it, but my favorite is still, and always will be Raspberry Chiffon:
Remember this one?:
Raspberry Chiffon Pie (Mrs Bear's Recipe)

Bear

Hey buddy, first things first... A Big Congrats to Mrs Bear & Yourself on 50 years.

Second, what a phenomenal looking PR & one top notch pie!

Great post Bear. Another fine example for the carousel. Big Like.

Congrats also on the Golden Wedding Anniversary!!!

FWIW - I have only been "wrong" for 32 years...but only realized it a year ago haha

Congrats on the 50yr anniversary Bear

Prime rib roast is on my to try list. I'm confident I can make one. I see they are on sale at the stores right now. Just need to buy one and smoke it up.

Will have to give your recipe a try as I like all the ingredients in it.

Thank You Blazer!!
You'll love that Prime Rib---It's one of the easiest things to Smoke, with the Greatest Reward!!

Bear

Reactions: ksblazer
John....

I don’t know how I overlooked this thread until today. 50 years...that’s a wonderful and joyous accomplishment (for Mrs. Bear...;)). Seriously...all my best to both of you!

Happy Anniversary!

And the PR looks like your usual perfection...nicely done as always!

Red

Congratulations Bear to you and your wife.
You always show such great looking dishes.
Hope you didn't post this till days later. Then again she's probably used to pulling you off the computer to spend time together. LOL.
Likes and pounts to you sir.
Rob

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky