500 gallon reverse flow build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If your building a single grate that's 48"x60" I would go with 2x2x3/16" angle with a minimum of 1 center support, but personally would use two, creating (4) sections. Something that big will have a lot of flex and even with 11Ga expanded it would be a mess. Make your frame, cope the two center supports to fit and then just put the expanded on the top. If anything just cut the expanded a 1/2" smaller than the overall giving you a 1/4" reveal all the way around. And smooth the edges with a flap wheel on a grinder. PM me if you have any questions.

-BCS

James, how did your build turnout overall???
With your concerns about the Calculation being flawed, did you run into further problems or flaws?

I’m currently building my own 500 gallon RF, so I am curious of your response.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky