5 lb Porterhouse Kosmos style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
4 MEN??? I could have killed that myself, in my younger days! A restaurant near where we lived 20 years ago, featured a 3 Pound Porterhouse that I ate once a month, with a Baked Sweet Potato and Veg Du jour.😆...JJ

• Haha
Reactions: negolien
4 MEN??? I could have killed that myself, in my younger days! A restaurant near where we lived 20 years ago, featured a 3 Pound Porterhouse that I ate once a month, with a Baked Sweet Potato and Veg Du jour.😆...JJ
Sounds like the Thirsty Moose
Richie

Overdone and what was the deal with enough Rub to cover the flavor of Rotting Mutton!?!? Any meat you season should taste like the Meat it is, and not like it was run through the Spice Isle at Walmart!...JJ

Best I ever did was about 4lbs of rib eye (grilled medium rare/medium) In a bit over an hour with a baked potato. I was also about 17 when I did it.

Overdone and what was the deal with enough Rub to cover the flavor of Rotting Mutton!?!? Any meat you season should taste like the Meat it is, and not like it was run through the Spice Isle at Walmart!...JJ
Couldn't agree more chef jimmyj chef jimmyj He killed the flavor of the meat by piling on way too much rub. More is seldom better! Less is the key!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky