5 inch River Country thermometer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Millberry

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 12, 2020
Buford, GA
I guess no one here has put a 5 inch thermometer on their 18 inch WSM? I ordered by mistake. If I return it I will have to pay $11 postage and their original postage and 20% restocking fee---so if I return my $37.50 thermometer, I get $8 back! No Way Jose. signed Dummy!

Reactions: JLeonard
Millberry Millberry
Why return it? It would work just fine because they measure the temp away from the metal side of the smoker which give you a truer reading. All of my Tel-Tru thermo's have at lease a 4'' stem. just for that reason.

Millberry Millberry
Why return it? It would work just fine because they measure the temp away from the metal side of the smoker which give you a truer reading. All of my Tel-Tru thermo's have at lease a 4'' stem. just for that reason.
It is heavy and has a 5 inch probe.....I guess it just looks funny if I mount it--------Heck---might as well. Hope the temperature probe doesn't get in the way of the meat...Thanks so much

I put 2 river country thermos on the Copper Pot build but they are both going to get switched over to Tel Tru this coming spring/summer and I use my inkbird in the Copper Pot currently.......take that as you will. I will be getting 5 or 6 inch stems when I order the new ones.

FYI, the Tel Tru on the X Fire Grill has a 9 inch stem and it is AWESOME! The extra long stem gets the probe portion (usually the last 1.5 to 2 inch section) in were the heat is normalized.

Thank you
Millberry Millberry
Thanks so much...just thought it would look funny kinda and be heavy

just thought it would look funny kinda
Mines a 14 , smaller therm . I used the factory bezel .
20200619_113103.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky