5 Days Of Restaurant Food, I Wanted Filet Mignon (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You're right. Everyone was stuck at home cooking for themselves and watching cooking show reruns.
I know I could beat Bobbie Flay.
Hey!! Somebody who knows the difference between "your" and "you're". That's a rare thing these days :emoji_wink: I'd guess the more ambitious folks may have developed some cooking skills sitting at home but the rest just resorted to Door Dash.

I've not seen the Beat Bobby Flay show for a long time but did enjoy watching him get beaten. If you ever get the opportunity let us know. I'd buy tickets to go see that!!

Robert

Reactions: chilerelleno
I think a bunch of us here could do that!
I would imagine you're right. He seems to be stuck in a groove with specific dishes and does not show a lot of creativity. In this place, creativity is the word of the day!! Some of the most impressive meals I've ever seen have been shown in this forum.

Robert

The food is outstanding as always Robert!

Sounds like it was a good trip, you ready for a vacation now?
Thanks so much John. It came out pretty well for somebody who didn't feel like cooking.

Truth be told, I'm about ready for a permanent vacation. Today is the last day of this one and I'm dreading going out and ding combat with the idiots again tomorrow. Done nothing but work since I was 6 years old and about had enough of it. First thing I do when I throw in the towel for work is take a LONG road trip all over the country visiting folks from the forum :emoji_wink:

Robert

Looks damn fine to me bud! I've all but given up on finding a decent place to eat out anymore. I've gotten to the point of expecting poorly made cuisine. And getting the rare pleasure of actually getting something decent.

That meal is as great as any I've seen from you. Ugly plate has nothing to do with the taste of the meal a lot of mine comes from Sam's. :emoji_laughing:
Absolutely restaurant food has taken a dive in quality and portions and upping the price. Although we go to the store, and we see the upped price as well. Back to the pandemic causing the problems and giving the control a license to run ramped not just on food but everything.

Warren

• Sad
Looks perfect as always Robert! Nicely done. And yes I agree , every time I've eaten out in the past few years it almost feels as if I am getting robbed. Service/quality of food is down across the board. Home cooking is the way to go

• Sad
I think you make a good point here Jeff, but I also think the quality of restaurant food has gone into the dumps. You should have seen the "prime rib" sandwich John ( SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan ) got for dinner. It was atrocious!! Wasn't much more than frozen Steak Ums that were burned to a crisp they they put a "prime" price tag on it. He couldn't even eat the thing. That was much typical across the board for our dinner that night. Company and beer were well worth it though!!

All the mediocre food aside we greatly appreciated the dinner and drinks! An absolute blast. You let the manager have it though. I am pretty sure that kid shit his pants! LOL

• Haha
Looks damn fine to me bud! I've all but given up on finding a decent place to eat out anymore. I've gotten to the point of expecting poorly made cuisine. And getting the rare pleasure of actually getting something decent.
Thanks Steve. Kinda sad when you go out to eat expecting to get trash and hoping for something edible. That sort of expectation is what keeps me trying to come up with fun dinner ideas at home.

Robert

Yep. Got to be $60/plate or more for decent food nowadays.....
If I could get a really good meal for that, I'd pay it once in a while just to get a break from cooking. In Austin we're looking at over $100 a plate for a really good meal....and that does not include drinks of any sort. Thanks but no thanks....

Robert

Reactions: indaswamp
That meal is as great as any I've seen from you. Ugly plate has nothing to do with the taste of the meal a lot of mine comes from Sam's.
Wow, that's some pretty high praise. Thank you Warren. No shame at all in meat from Sam's. I've cooked and eaten many a top shelf meal from meat gotten at Costco....and you're right. Appearance will not alter the taste at all. I just typically like my plates to look better if/when I post them.

Robert

Looks perfect as always Robert! Nicely done. And yes I agree , every time I've eaten out in the past few years it almost feels as if I am getting robbed. Service/quality of food is down across the board. Home cooking is the way to go
Thank you for the kind words Tyler. It's a sad state of affairs with the restaurant industry right now. Tell ya what though, when you bring the family and come to Casa Bianca for dinner I won't charge you. That way if dinner sucks you won't feel like you got robbed :emoji_laughing:

Robert

All the mediocre food aside we greatly appreciated the dinner and drinks! An absolute blast. You let the manager have it though. I am pretty sure that kid shit his pants! LOL
It was our pleasure my friend!! We sure had an amazing time. Heck, it was even fun lighting up the server and the manager over the food quality. I thought I'd embarrassed Ashley but nope....she was 100% on board with my little rant, albeit a polite rant. I did let the server know that I wasn't accusing him because I knew it wasn't his fault. The manger on the other hand....I fired with both barrels :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Have you seen the guy that is making a killing and getting 5 star reviews buying WalMart frozen pizzas and sells them on Door-Dash?
Spoof or not, this doesn't surprise me in the least. Heck, frozen WalMart pizza is probably better than Domino's :emoji_laughing:

Robert

It is hard to find a good place to eat. When it come to finding one on the road two things I don't believe are Trip Advisor and Guy Fieri.

Wow, that's some pretty high praise. Thank you Warren. No shame at all in meat from Sam's. I've cooked and eaten many a top shelf meal from meat gotten at Costco....and you're right. Appearance will not alter the taste at all. I just typically like my plates to look better if/when I post them.

Robert
Wasn't exactly referring to the meat I was thinking ugly plates. (paper)

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky