4th Phase of Last nights Brisket Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rp ribking

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 29, 2009
Northern, Indiana
Smokin' 4 Briskets with R.O. Lump and hickory chunks on both 22.5" WSM's. More to follow as night progress's. I am putting them on around 11:00pm eastern.
8edc09f1_000_0321.jpg

icon_cool.gif

It sure does look like it's gonna be a long and very yummy night at the (in htis case) Brisket King household tonight.

Uh Oh---$100 worth of Beef goin' down tonight!!!

This is gonna be a good one to watch!!

Bear

Mark Happy-bday, and yea, RP BrisketKing night. 

SmokinStevo, I can't wait for the brisket candy to melt in my mouth.

Bear, Bought at my local butcher, three of them were $29.00 and some change and one was $23.00.

I always double check the temp probe when I smoke an expensive piece of Beef. So I made sure all 4 temp probes are within 3*
bd99bc76_000_0322.jpg

Looks like a great time!  I'll send you over a little gentleman jack to keep you company....hehe  I was looking at some monster 16 lb briskets today but ended up with another butt for some more pork experimentation this weekend.  Just thinking of some of burnt ends candy makes wish I'd have gone beef now!

Happy Smokin'!

Looks like a great time!  I'll send you over a little gentleman jack to keep you company....hehe  I was looking at some monster 16 lb briskets today but ended up with another butt for some more pork experimentation this weekend.  Just thinking of some of burnt ends candy makes wish I'd have gone beef now!

Happy Smokin'!
Dean, Do not worry I have his Grand dad.

Bear, I have the probes in hot water, also I check them against an indoor temp gauge and a manual therm.

Briskets are doing well as I type, I estimate another 5 hours.

Bear, I have the probes in hot water, also I check them against an indoor temp gauge and a manual therm.

Caution, dumb question coming:

I always bring water to boil, then hold the ends of the probes in the water.

I like the idea of having them in the water like you did, I'm guessing all the way up to boil, but don't you have to worry about them touching the sides or the bottom of the pot?

If so, how do you keep them from touching the bottom, and keep the water from the place where the probe is connected to the wire?

LOL---I warned you,

Bear

Last edited:

Caution, dumb question coming:

I always bring water to boil, then hold the ends of the probes in the water.

I like the idea of having them in the water like you did, I'm guessing all the way up to boil, but don't you have to worry about them touching the sides or the bottom of the pot?

If so, how do you keep them from touching the bottom, and keep the water from the place where the probe is connected to the wire?

LOL---I warned you,

Bear
Bear, I'll do a boil temp check on my probes. But what are the odds of having 4 digital, 1 indoor/outdoor and 1 manual therm's all bad at the same time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky