4 racks of baby backs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Trying the 15 hour or so trick. Want meat to fall off bones. Couple of joints in Memphis do 18 hour

15 hours??? That ummmm seems like way to king to smoke ribs. Mine dine in under 6 hours. Maybe a typo?
I agree, in my opinion 15hrs is way too much. I just did some yesterday for the first time without a foil wrap and they were done in 5hrs + another 30 for the glaze. I've never had "COMPETITION" ribs, but they had a nice clean bite and when you got to the bone, the meat came off completely clean. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/167846/no-foil-baby-backs-1st-attempt-with-q-view 

I don't think the longer you smoke it the better it will be...Most meat will only be good with so much smoke. Too much smoke will likely impart a bitter taste, and I would think too much time will just dry out the meat no matter how much spritz or mop you use. The worst part is it just makes you wait longer to eat it...
drool.gif
Good luck with it, hope it turns out good...
thumb1.gif

Final verdict from the family. Extremely tender and full of flavor. Full 18 hour smoke. Now it is brisket ' s turn

What is the smoker temp? 15 hours they should be over done and have lots of pull back but I'm not seeing the pull back

If that time ya give is correct, something is going on I'd say... Honestly I've smoked some big racks of spares before for 5 1/2 to 6 hrs on real low temps.... like 220-225* ! But that's about as long as I've smoked ribs, usually bout 4 - 4 1/2 hrs is my most common time ! When ya get a chance drop us a line with some more info on your smoke so we can help ya out !

Final verdict from the family. Extremely tender and full of flavor. Full 18 hour smoke. Now it is brisket ' s turn

Awesome, glad they turned out for ya.... Disregard my last post... Thought maybe ya was having some troubles, but sounds like ya had them turn out to your & the fam's liking and that's all that really matters !

I don't plan on doing that long for ribs again, 3-2-1 or 2-2-1 will work. now on a brisket, that is a completely different story.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky