4 Great Quick Bear Baits

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's a fine looking spread of dinners with some darned good variety John, nice work! RAY

Thank You Ray!!
Good thing I was born a Male---Cheap & Easy wouldn't make a Good Female!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

They all did by today's standard , 180 degree pork . Mine used to put crushed saltine on them . Really good .

Mine wasn't much of a Cook.
Only good things she made were Pineapple Upside down cake, Donuts, and "Hires Root Beer" (Crock & Old bottle capper & all).
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

All looks real good bear. The wife and I haven't done French bread pizzas in a while.

Point for sure
Chris

Very nice Bear

I like the missing pizza " I actually made 2, but the other one was camera shy, and jumped in my Belly to hide. "
Very funny

Up here we love fried bologna with fried eggs and my mustard pickles on the side and toast , for breakfast or what ever meal time it happens to be. We have to slit the edges also so it does not puff up like a hat.

All about the quick satisfying meals, thanks

David

Thank You David!!
Dang Shy Pizzas!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bear that looks good, my style of eating. You buy pork roll in the grocery store? Never heard of it but I'm sure I would like it. Love hot dogs, Spam, you made me hungry!!

Just researched pork roll and here's a description I found that:
"a cross between Canadian bacon and bacon, less hammy and smoky than Canadian, fattier and saltier than bacon, with a unique texture, both crispy and slightly mushy."

I'm intrigued!!

Last edited:
Bear that looks good, my style of eating. You buy pork roll in the grocery store? Never heard of it but I'm sure I would like it. Love hot dogs, Spam, you made me hungry!!

Just researched pork roll and here's a description I found that:
"a cross between Canadian bacon and bacon, less hammy and smoky than Canadian, fattier and saltier than bacon, with a unique texture, both crispy and slightly mushy."

I'm intrigued!!

Thank You H-18 !!
Hmm, CB & Bacon---Maybe, but to Me I'd say it's more like a Tasty Hot Dog, or Fried Bologna.

Around here, I can get it at just about any food market, because we're in the Heart of Pork Roll country.
Since you are in MO, I believe chopsaw chopsaw ---could tell you places where he gets it in MO.

Bear

Thank You H-18 !!
Hmm, CB & Bacon---Maybe, but to Me I'd say it's more like a Tasty Hot Dog, or Fried Bologna.

Around here, I can get it at just about any food market, because we're in the Heart of Pork Roll country.
Since you are in MO, I believe chopsaw chopsaw ---could tell you places where he gets it in MO.

Bear
Thanks Bear, to me it sounds like it's probably delicious. I'll check my local supermarket, I need to try this "delicacy".

Humo18 Humo18 I get it at the Mannino's in Flint hill . Not sure if Cotteville has it , but would think so .
You have been to Manninos ???
Cottelville Hwy N , Flint hill one is on Hwy P .

Humo18 Humo18 I get it at the Mannino's in Flint hill . Not sure if Cotteville has it , but would think so .
You have been to Manninos ???
Cottelville Hwy N , Flint hill one is on Hwy P .
Thanks for reply. I've been to Mannino's in Cottleville. I'll call them and Flint Hill to see if they have it. Do they make their own or do they sell the Taylor brand from NJ?

Thanks for reply. I've been to Mannino's in Cottleville. I'll call them and Flint Hill to see if they have it. Do they make their own or do they sell the Taylor brand from NJ?
It's Taylor's pork roll . It's not by the meat counter . It's over by the produce in the refrigerated case . I need to get some . Flint hill is only 5 minutes from me .
I had done a search for it and came up with an ad for Mannino's . I asked a guy in store , and he didn't know what it was . So don't take no for an answer . I had him ask the owner .

20180507_124421.jpg 20191016_130821.jpg

It's Taylor's pork roll . It's not by the meat counter . It's over by the produce in the refrigerated case . I need to get some . Flint hill is only 5 minutes from me .
I had done a search for it and came up with an ad for Mannino's . I asked a guy in store , and he didn't know what it was . So don't take no for an answer . I had him ask the owner .

View attachment 488454 View attachment 488455
Now I'm getting hungry. The only place here in Ga that has it is Publix. But only the thin slices. I order online from https://jerseyporkroll.com/shop/ or https://www.thetaylorhamman.com/Taylor-Ham-Pork-Roll-_c_84.html

Looks like we have another new Pork Roll enthusiast. Once he tries it he'll be hooked. :emoji_wink:

He'll Love it !!
I know some people who don't like Spam, but I can't think of anybody who actually doesn't Like Pork Roll, if made properly.

Bear

Great meals across the board Bear. I like simple as well. Add an over easy egg to the pork chop plate & a "little" hot sauce for a kicker and step back!🍻

Thank You John!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky