4.86# Flat all rubbed up and ready for a smoke on Saturday. Pic enclosed...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chaze215

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
New Jersey
This will be my 1st brisket. I have been doing a lot of reading on the dos and donts. Anyone else care to chime in and give some advice? Thanks in advance!

765ff1c8_BRISKET003.jpg

If you check the previous post and the wiki section you should be ready to go,

The one thing I would stress is a constant temp of 215º-225º

Remember briskets need a low and slow smoke to make them tender

Good Luck and remember the Qveiw

My only concern is how much salt is in your rub? To rub on Thurs and smoke on Sat if you have a lot of salt in the rub could be an issue - hope it is not cause it sure looks real good

Best of luck - Looking forward to the qview

icon_cool.gif

Well it looked good all rubbed down and all. Now let's see it smoking.

It sure looks good, can't wait to see how it turns out. Remember to be patient, briskets tend to drive you crazy.   

I am using Jeffs rub for the first time on some brisket. So....I guess you guys would be able to tell me better if it has too much salt or not. I will certainly have some Qview up on Saturday. Stay tuned...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky