3rd Batch Dry Cure

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sgriff49

Fire Starter
Original poster
Started with a fresh belly I picked up at local butcher

Rinse off and patted dry then squared off and divided in 3. Pulled out scale and weight them each was 2 lbs each

I'm using TQ which calls for 1 TBS for each pound of meat. Did each in separate bowl. I followed Bear's method of not mixing my sugar with TQ so I made sure to equally spread on slabs.

Next I used 3 TBS of brown sugar since I like bacon sweat then added 2 teaspoons of maple sugar. Trying Maple sugar this time not pure Maple Syrup. I added 2 teaspoons of bourbon and some freshly ground black pepper. I mix this together and spread over slabs any mix that falls off scrap into bag

I use my food saver bags for this vaccuming out a little air and then seal. I like this cause you don't get and seeping of fluids.

I will brine these slabs a total of 10 days instead of 7. That is the day I can smoke them on my Traeger!

Nice looking belly. Looking forward to seeing the result 
icon14.gif

Great Start, Griff !!!
icon14.gif

I like to square mine off after smoking though.

That way I get more Smoked Bacon ends.
drool.gif

Be Back--

popcorn.gif

Bear

Reactions: sgriff49
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky