3/8" Stuffing Tube

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pcdave

Original poster
Feb 19, 2009
I need a 3/8" stuffing tube for my Grizzly 5lb stuffer. Has anyone used the LEM 3/8" stuffing tube (link below) on their Grizzly 5lb Stuffer.  It says 1 9/16" at the base and that is the measurement of my cap that holds the tube on so it would be a tight fit. Just wondering if anyone has tried it before I order one.

http://www.lemproducts.com/product/3306/stuffing_tube

99% Of the 5 lb stuffers use the same diameter flange and yes the LEM will work with your Griz.

99% Of the 5 lb stuffers use the same diameter flange and yes the LEM will work with your Griz.

I'd have to agree with nepas, It should fit no problem. What do your tubes you have measure?

I have the same tube and a similar stuffer,  it's tight but it works fine.

I got the LEM 3/8" tube and it fits fine.  I will try it out next week on some snack sticks. The smallest tube that came with my stuffer was 5/8" and it was almost exactly the size of the casing so it would not work. I like thinner sticks so I didn't want to get bigger casings. Thanks for the help.

Just got done stuffin' 5 lbs of snack sticks into 18mm collagen casings using the LEM 3/8" stuffing tube with the 1 9/16" flange. I've got a Kitchener 5 lb stuffer (which by the way is the same thing as the Northern Tool 5 lb model, they have to be made by the same manufacturer, because there isn't a lick of difference between them.) It fit perfectly and worked like a dream. Just remember to use plenty of water when extruding though that small of a tube. Instructions with the tube recommend 1-2 oz per lb of meat. I used the full 10 oz's of water and it stuffed as smooth as can be.

I picked my 3/8" Stuffing tube up from One Stop Jerky Shop along with the 18mm collagen casing for making snack sticks. Everything worked great with no problems loading the casings onto the stuffing tube. I agree that the mixture needs to be wet so that it flows through the tube more easily so fill the casings right after you mix the seasoning, cure and water. Then let the snack sticks cure overnight before drying or smoking.

http://www.onestopjerkyshop.com/3-8-stainless-steel-stuffing-tube-1/

I picked my 3/8" Stuffing tube up from One Stop Jerky Shop along with the 18mm collagen casing for making snack sticks. Everything worked great with no problems loading the casings onto the stuffing tube. I agree that the mixture needs to be wet so that it flows through the tube more easily so fill the casings right after you mix the seasoning, cure and water. Then let the snack sticks cure overnight before drying or smoking.

http://www.onestopjerkyshop.com/3-8-stainless-steel-stuffing-tube-1/
You got it right there.  If you let the meat cure in a tub overnight, then try to stuff it through the 3/8" tube you will be in for a workout and possibly broke stuffer

Fallow the advice from above I made the mistake of adding he cure and refrigerating over night (bad mistake) the 3/8 tube works great I just stuffed some venison Tobasco Pepperjack cheese snack Styx smoked with some hickory very good.
Flip

Fallow the advice from above I made the mistake of adding he cure and refrigerating over night (bad mistake) the 3/8 tube works great I just stuffed some venison Tobasco Pepperjack cheese snack Styx smoked with some hickory very good.
Flip

I wish I'd known that the 3/8 tubes were on backorder at LEM until about March1st.
There was not, and still is not, a note on their website stating such.
I would have ordered elsewhere.
Not real happy with those folks at the moment.

Cancel the order at LEM and get it from One Stop Jerky Shop (same price), looks like they have it available since it isn't showing up in their out of stock product list. If still in question you can email them and they will reply back lightening fast which has been my experience with them.

The problem is that I ordered other stuff with the tube and LEM didn't let me know that it was on backorder or I would have ordered everything from The One Stop Jerky Shop.
If I cancel the order now, I'll have to pay $9.25 just to have the tube shipped...not good!
I wish that LEM cared more about their customers.

This is the stupid email exchange I had with them last night.
It's obvious they don't give a shit!!!

Here's the message I sent:

"My opinion of LEM has decreased significantly because of this.
If I'd known that this was going to be on backorder for so long I
would have made other arrangements.
There's nothing on the website stating that they're on backorder.
This is very inconsiderate.
I'll think twice before ordering from LEM in the future."

And the response...one short sentaence (keep in mind that I've known for a week that the tube is on backorder):

"It will be the end of the month for the 606a to be in stock."

WTF????

I'm not a happy camper!!!
Grrrrrr!!!!!!

Last edited:
Wow, that is some bad service for sure. Cancel the whole order unless they have something in particular you need from them and buy from someone else like One Stop Jerky Shop.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky