3/4" Thick Steel Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm all for overkill when making things, but you're going to need the means to cut, bend, and weld that thick of steel. Also, that's going to be one HEAVY smoker. I'd have to agree with kruizer.

Ha, great answers. Thanks guys, will go another route and see if they have thinner stuff on hand!

If you're gonna be a bear, be a Grizzly...
Build the damned thing and let the rest of us shower you with accolades.

As long as you have the wherewithal to cut the plate (you're not going to bend it) and a welder with enough stones to fill the gaps, I think you're golden.

It might be a smoker we would reference as the sine qua non...

If built you can probably forgo theft insurance cause I doubt short of heavy hydraulic equipment anyone will be able to steal it.

Use it for your fire box!!! And find some smaller stuff for your cook chamber. Would make an appointment xxellent firebox.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky