250 people for a wedding

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pabeef

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 24, 2016
Milltown WI,
Next weekend I'm doing a wedding for a friend's son. As of now the plan's are as follows.
Friday night groom's dinner
2 cases chicken
Hot dogs & brats
Side to be determined
Saturday wedding dinner
Sliced pork loins (80#)
Beef top rounds (80#)
garlic mashed red taters
Other salad by mother in law.

So my question is how many potatoes and what would be the best way to cook them. I'm thinking boiling in the Turkey cooker? Then keeping them warm in a lined cooler
What do you folks think?
Thanks for the help in advance
PABEEF

Here is a catering spreadsheet that was put on here a while back by bmudd.
Al

Attachments

• CateringV306.xls
    91.5 KB · Views: 176
That's a pretty cool spreadsheet.
I don't cater but cook for family/work and with other sides I tend to figure a pound of potato's for 3-4 people... there is usually leftovers.

Turkey fryer works great for large batches like that. I would recommend filling it no more than half with taters. You could either mash a batch at a time or put cooked taters in bowl covered and set in a cooler to stay hot and mash all at a time. I'd assume for that amount itd be a lot easier to do a few batches. If you don't have heated serving trays, keep a batch in cooler to keep hot while serving the first. Are you cooking on site or delivering finished product? That would make a difference with me but everyone has their own ways and I'm not sure there is a right or wrong, but what works best for you. Good luck

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky