24 Hour Sous Vide Carnitas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

emuleman

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
southern California
One of my favorite ways of cooking pork shoulder is making some Carnitas.  The flavors with the various spices used makes a wonderfully delicious shredded pork that you can use in a wide variety of ways.  If you have never tried Pork Carnitas I would recommend you giving it a try.

This time around I decided to try making it with my Sous Vide Cooker.  Normally I make it in the Slow Cooker, but I decided to give it a shot cooking it Sous Vide Style, and see how it differs from the more traditional way of cooking it.

Of course I needed to make a video showing you in detail how easy it is to make.  Like I said if you have never tried it you owe yourself the opportunity to try this, and I am sure it will soon become a regular dish you will enjoy!

Feel free to leave me your comments, and thanks for watching!

Reactions: xray and SmokinAl
Great video Eric! Those tacos look awesome. This is definitely something I will try.

I have a few chuck roasts in the freezer that I would like to try for barbacoa tacos...I have to get my butt in gear now after watching this.

That looks awesome! I love carnitas but have never made them myself. Time to give it a try!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky