• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

23° grilling on my Traeger

annewaldron

Joined Oct 16, 2019
We had 4" of snow last night and I'd already planned dinner for tonight so I was not going to let sub-zero temps stop me!

IMG_4241.jpeg

I'm not as good a documentarian as tx smoker tx smoker so all I have is the empty package the beef came in :emoji_laughing:

IMG_4279.jpeg

But here it is sitting pretty on the grill seasoned with Meat Church Gospel seasoning which I think is really good on beef.

4C5A46E7-CAAB-40C4-A4D9-53B997A3036C.jpeg

While it was cooking I roasted up some butternut squash and brussels sprouts, scattered in some dried cranberries and fresh thyme at the end, then tossed it all in a light dijon vinaigrette.

AQJHE0777.jpg

Pulled the steak at about 130 internal temp and rested it briefly (I got after it with my kitchen torch for a little extra color)

IMG_4285.jpeg

Sliced that beauty in half for sharing with my man

IMG_4286.jpeg

And served.

91A53148-FC8D-4529-8BDA-5BCD1B7DAF42.jpeg

It was truly amazing- flavor was outstanding- CP beef is no joke! And my Traeger did not disappoint in 23° weather! Win-win!

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Meal looks great!! Love the cooking in the snow commitment

annewaldron

Joined Oct 16, 2019
Be sure to invest in the Traeger thermal blanket. Makes a huge difference during the winter months!
I’ve seen that blanket, but I didn’t seem to have any problems without it. I figured if it performed as well as it did last night that I could save my money. How has your experience been with the blanket added? Is it easy to put on/take off? The small print mentions that you shouldn’t use it w temps over freezing so I don’t know if that would make it a pain to deal with.

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
What a great looking steak! Beautiful! Wow!!

gmc2003

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Excellent looking steak - well done. Now that winter weather is here. I have to get my mind set corrected to smoke in the colder temps.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Wow!!
That is one good looking steak!
Al

sawhorseray

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
That steak looks done to perfection for me, great plate! Like. RAY

tx smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
Beautifully cooked steak but those veggies look otherworldly!! Just an amazing looking meal. If you keep cooking like that your man may have to learn to cook for himself 'cause you're gonna eat it all :emoji_laughing: Yep, one fine looking meal and beautiful documentation. Glad your first run with the CP beef was a success. We have loved that stuff!!

Robert

JB Smoked

Joined Oct 21, 2019
I’ve seen that blanket, but I didn’t seem to have any problems without it. I figured if it performed as well as it did last night that I could save my money. How has your experience been with the blanket added? Is it easy to put on/take off? The small print mentions that you shouldn’t use it w temps over freezing so I don’t know if that would make it a pain to deal with.
It comes right on and off easy. Early winter I take it off and put it on depending on the temp. I live in Michigan so it stays on most of the winter. This fall has been unusually cold (It was 7 degrees the other night.) so I'm using it already. To me it is worth the $$. I have two Traegers and have one for each.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.