2022 OTBS NOMINATIONS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Jul 7, 2005
Midvale, UT
Sorry for getting a late start on this, BMudd asked me if I'm doing OTBS Nominations this year.
Well folks, Nominations for OTBS is now open; remember, nominees must be members in good standing, be knowledgeable in smoking meats and other foods, and helpful to new members. If you have someone in mind, please look at the individual's profile to make sure the person isn't already an OTBS member. https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/hey-whats-this-otbs-about-anyways-otbs-nominations.307102/
That being said, nominees
(1) may not be nominated by OTBS members but nominated by the General membership of SMF.
(2) Nominations must be submitted to a moderator. Once the nominee(s) have be vetted, Moderators will then forward the names to the Admin Staff (Pineywoods, BMudd and me) for discussion and selection.
The cutoff date for Nominations is January 2nd. When the new class of OTBS members have been selected, the new roster will be posted.
As I have been on the Smoking Meats Forum so infrequently the past couple of years, it's time for me to turn the reins over to an Admin/Moderator that will continue the OTBS and has a regular presence on the Forum.

So if you're a member of the OTBS you can't nominate anyone? I did not know this.

Chris
Chris, It keeps the OTBS from becoming a "Good 'ol Boys" club. If you think someone is deserving, submit their name to me as a suggestion and I'll give them a look.

Dutch

Chris, It keeps the OTBS from becoming a "Good 'ol Boys" club. If you think someone is deserving, submit their name to me as a suggestion and I'll give them a look.

Dutch
Thanks, I understand the rationale now.

Chris

Reactions: bigfurmn

Dutch
Is this a new rule? I could swear in the past I didn’t see this. I understand the rationale but frankly a great percentage of the very active members are OTBS. It’s a little disconcerting that just because we are OTBS we can’t nominate deserving folks. Seems as though if the mods believe there’s some “good old boys network “ undeserving nominee(s) they could simply not award the OTBS tag. No disrespect intended , just my thoughts.

I'm really glad this is being done again. There have been more that a few people help me along the way and I truly appreciate them. I put in my recommendations.

Glad you are continuing this as well! I'm sure it does take quite a bit of your time to do this as well all else you all do! Thank you! To me it's an honor...someone was thoughtful enough to nominate me and the mods agreed...makes me feel proud. Not so much on my accomplishments but the fact I came here knowing nothing really, lurked for a fair amount of time before I joined. Then as I learned more and continue to still do so I try to pass some knowledge on to others...that's the best part of this site. Becoming an enabler and helping others spend their money on things we think they need was taught to me as well! :emoji_blush:
And if I toot my horn, it's probably the wrong one...blame Dutch...it's his recipe!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky