2014 Thanksgiving Dinner at Bear Jr’s House

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bear impressive as usual, every time I read one of your posts with Bear Jr. I get a warm fuzzy feeling. You can tell by your posts how proud you are of your family and you should be.

You definitely done something right, and for that my friend...
points.gif

Mrs. Bear and Junior deserve points as well....
points.gif

I can just hope my son will someday be interested in cooking alongside me, the girls don't have much interest in my style of cooking but enjoy cooking and baking with their mother which is great.

You are so very welcome sir! I think everything you post is an inspiration to many of us here!

Great presentation of the Turkey!

Hope it tasted as good as it looked!

Smokin Monkey [emoji]133660013031[/emoji]
Thank You SM !!

It actually tasted better, and he gave me enough leftovers for a couple days worth of Turkey Sammies!!

Bear
What are the turkey candy head and beak candies made of. Those look great. Another great job by the Bear family
Thanks Brewer!!

The heads are Malted Milk Balls, and the Beaks are the small end of a piece of Candy Corn.

Bear

Very nice John....you done good with him <grin>. He does the breast same as me and millions of others I suppose....easy and clean cutting with taking it off in one big piece......Willie

Bear impressive as usual, every time I read one of your posts with Bear Jr. I get a warm fuzzy feeling. You can tell by your posts how proud you are of your family and you should be.

You definitely done something right, and for that my friend...
points.gif

Mrs. Bear and Junior deserve points as well....
points.gif

I can just hope my son will someday be interested in cooking alongside me, the girls don't have much interest in my style of cooking but enjoy cooking and baking with their mother which is great.
Wow!!

Thank You for those words & the Points, SQWIB !!

You're right--We are both very proud of our Son & his accomplishments. Everyone who knows him loves him.

I'm sure your Son will be right next to you at the smoker when his time comes, as he already knows how awesome the food Dad makes tastes!!! 

Thanks Again,

Bear

You are so very welcome sir! I think everything you post is an inspiration to many of us here!
Thanks!

I Appreciate that !!

Bear
Wow. Nice carving job. Never seen. I will surely use the technique come Christmas.
Thank You!!

I guess it's been around awhile, but I never saw it until my Son started carving Turkeys like this a few years ago.

He makes it look easy.

Bear

Very nice John....you done good with him <grin>. He does the breast same as me and millions of others I suppose....easy and clean cutting with taking it off in one big piece......Willie
Thanks Willie!!

Yeah, he's a good Son!!

Bear

Looks great Bear...all except the snow.
Thanks Mick!!

Yup---Pretty, but I could easily do without the snow!!

Bear

I remember seeing that before.... it was on that movie "Aliens", and it was attached to some guys face!
laugh1.gif

Great looking chow! Sounds like all the "Bears" had a good time and packed on plenty for the long winter hibernation.
biggrin.gif

Looks like a great time was had by all ! Glad the Bear Fam had a good T-Day !

:beercheer:

I remember seeing that before.... it was on that movie "Aliens", and it was attached to some guys face!
laugh1.gif

Great looking chow! Sounds like all the "Bears" had a good time and packed on plenty for the long winter hibernation.
biggrin.gif
Thanks Johnny!!

LOL---I know the movie, & I can picture it right now---It looked exactly like that !!

I don't know about my Son, but I'm ready to go to my Cave for the Winter!!

Bear

Sorry to be late for this Bear but I am just catching up on my posts. It looks like you got the Thanksgiving you deserve, great food and family. May I offer my thanks for all I have learned from you!

Disco

Bear  I really like the meal.  Had pretty much the same thing,  Nice way to part it out and slice that breast.  Your wife is very good at the sweet creations!!!!  We escaped the early snow this year but did get what you had last year.  Thanks for the pictures of a great time with the family.  Reinhard

Sorry to be late for this Bear but I am just catching up on my posts. It looks like you got the Thanksgiving you deserve, great food and family. May I offer my thanks for all I have learned from you!

Disco
Thank You Disco!!

And you are indeed welcome.

I consider it a fair swap, as I learn from you guys too!!

Bear

Bear  I really like the meal.  Had pretty much the same thing,  Nice way to part it out and slice that breast.  Your wife is very good at the sweet creations!!!!  We escaped the early snow this year but did get what you had last year.  Thanks for the pictures of a great time with the family.  Reinhard
Thanks Reinhard!!

I prefer Ham, but the Turkey was Great !!!

13" of snow here so far. Hoping we don't get the total of 7' we got last year, however Buffalo got that much in a week!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky