2011 It's a start.

Discussion in 'Small Spaces' started by michael ark, May 13, 2011.

1. michael ark

michael ark Master of the Pit

Here is my garden so far this year.[​IMG][​IMG]

potatos started the above inside 2 months ago basil and arageno sprots in bottom of pot from last year seeds

[​IMG]

basil and chives

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

cayenne and variegated oregano  my wife won't leave it alone she loves it.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pot on the left all hot peppers serrano chilis ,cayenne,banana.Middle pot sweet banana and a Ivy i need to repot.Upper right cayenne.Yes i know my decks a mess.I use miracle grow soil mixed with pond soil i dug out my fish ponds to get back to the liners.They fill up with sediment and  fish poop .

2. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks like you're pretty well ready!

Bear

3. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Looking good!!!

Craig

4. michael ark

Thanks bear still need T-maters and jalapenos.O yea i forgot i have 2 red onions too.

5. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

We've been dining on fresh lettuce, cukes, maters, sugar snap peas and onions. Also have just started picking Hot and Sweet Banana Peppers. The Lettuce and Sugar Snap peas are pretty much nearing there ends though. We're getting hot here, way to fast.

6. michael ark

Thanks Craig anyone know when to dig potatos mine are fixen to flower started them inside 2 months ago back when it was in 40s at night.They are over 2 1/2 feet tall.

7. michael ark

Cute dogs flash i had a pick-a-poo .I have been getting sweet peppers for 3 weeks now.Both nanar and bell.

8. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Those pups are a Shih Tzu-Mini Poodle mix. Both Sisters and rescued from our local Humane Society. I do have some red potatoes growing in a 55 gallon drum. Not sure if I am going to get anything. Got some good greens, but no flowers as of yet. Pretty much at the top of the drum now. 1st time I have every tried this.

9. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Looks like a great start. Our season is ending fast. Still have a few tomato's to pick, some jalapeno's. and a couple of onions. We have a bunch of garlic planted & it's not ready yet. I hope the heat doesn't kill it.

10. michael ark

Al i don't know how the season is ending hell it's still spring .Are you talking about root crops.What type of onion do you grow and is your garden on here.How hot is it ?It's 57.7f here at 7:15 pm .I 'll be sleeping with the windows open tonight.[​IMG]Do the happy dance .