2000 Liter build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ahumadora

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Argentina
Finally got around to working on my own smoker although I am backed up with work till Christmas.

Here's what we done with the end cap we cut off.

I welded the chimney internally so it gives it a clean look.

Glad my Bolivian partner is small so he can weld the inside. 

I will make a removable bumper with the lights installed in it, as regulations here require lights to be at the very rear of the trailer.    

Stack is 225mm x 1000mm total   (Don't you just hate it when some asshole from way down South uses metric :)  

Figuring this thing is going to be a wood hog.  I tried to make it low as possible, but as always it is a trade off between ground clearance/ pit door height and FB/cc height.

Friday I want to make fire.    

You are getting pretty good at building those things...    Looks very good...   Like the inside welds..  
2thumbs.gif

Reactions: ahumadora
I put the kids to bed tonight then go to work on it until it is finished.   I rented it out for an event this weekend.

The client just bought 300 kg of trimmed ribs.    

Buying 1.5 tons of Oak and Que Bracho tomorrow to keep it lit. 

Once going, it should be easy on wood...   let us know which design you have built, is easiest on wood...   That would be some awesome information....

Here it is all finished ready  for an event this weekend.   I was in Brazil on vacation, but am going to collect it tonight after the event.

The guy that rented it for the event has been running a BBQ joint here in Buenos Aires for the last year and has one of my small smokers.

A friend tried some of his BBQ this weekend and said it was crap. No rub on the pork ribs and he left the doors open nearly the whole time.  lol.

It must weigh about 2 tons all loaded with wood.    

Morning....      there is a learning curve to running a Reverse Flow smoker....   but leaving the doors open ???   No rub on the pig ???    I'm guessing there wasn't a glowing report of your smoker... 

It sure looks nice...

I just got back from collecting the smoker.

He complained that the lower racks didn't cook when it was open...

How do you deal with stupid? 

Apparently he had the firebox and both doors open the whole time..

"" Muy bueno, lots of smoke" was his comment.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky