• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

2000 Liter build

ahumadora

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 28, 2015
Finally got around to working on my own smoker although I am backed up with work till Christmas.

Here's what we done with the end cap we cut off.

I welded the chimney internally so it gives it a clean look.

Glad my Bolivian partner is small so he can weld the inside. 

I will make a removable bumper with the lights installed in it, as regulations here require lights to be at the very rear of the trailer.    

Stack is 225mm x 1000mm total   (Don't you just hate it when some asshole from way down South uses metric :)  

Figuring this thing is going to be a wood hog.  I tried to make it low as possible, but as always it is a trade off between ground clearance/ pit door height and FB/cc height.

Friday I want to make fire.    

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
WOW!

That thing is a beast!

Nice work!

Al

daveomak

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
You are getting pretty good at building those things...    Looks very good...   Like the inside welds..  

ahumadora

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 28, 2015
I put the kids to bed tonight then go to work on it until it is finished.   I rented it out for an event this weekend.

The client just bought 300 kg of trimmed ribs.    

Buying 1.5 tons of Oak and Que Bracho tomorrow to keep it lit. 

daveomak

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Once going, it should be easy on wood...   let us know which design you have built, is easiest on wood...   That would be some awesome information....

ahumadora

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 28, 2015

daveomak

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
.....    I'll be here for the results....  

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Great build. Can't wait to see food in it.

ahumadora

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 28, 2015

Here it is all finished ready  for an event this weekend.   I was in Brazil on vacation, but am going to collect it tonight after the event.

The guy that rented it for the event has been running a BBQ joint here in Buenos Aires for the last year and has one of my small smokers.

A friend tried some of his BBQ this weekend and said it was crap. No rub on the pork ribs and he left the doors open nearly the whole time.  lol.

It must weigh about 2 tons all loaded with wood.    

daveomak

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Morning....      there is a learning curve to running a Reverse Flow smoker....   but leaving the doors open ???   No rub on the pig ???    I'm guessing there wasn't a glowing report of your smoker... 

It sure looks nice...

ahumadora

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 28, 2015
I just got back from collecting the smoker.

He complained that the lower racks didn't cook when it was open...

How do you deal with stupid? 

Apparently he had the firebox and both doors open the whole time..

"" Muy bueno, lots of smoke" was his comment.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.