$20 smoke tubes off Amazon work awesome

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

eaglewing

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 4, 2008
St. Louis MO
I use apple or cherry pellets with wood chips, whiskey barrel and cherry or apple

Prop on a wood chunk to give it an angle so they don't spill out and burn better...

Make sure Im understanding you, youre mixing pellets and chips in the tube?

I just got the tray but wanted to get thru the chips first before getting pellets

Reactions: eaglewing
YES, it was gutzy but it is awesome... even chips almost too big will work fine...
The 'mix' is the way to go IMO for tubes... now for trays I cannot say I'm an expert, but the TUBES this works great.
You can see the ratio in the Vid

That's some pretty dirty looking smoke there. I wouldn't be surprised that the chips are causing this.

Do you soak the chips in water first? I use a tube once in awhile but never thought of putting chips in. I do like the piece of wood for angling.

I've been running straight up pellets in my tube for years and never had any issues.. never had any need for anything extra.

Reactions: eaglewing
NO, I don't soak,
That's some pretty dirty looking smoke there. I wouldn't be surprised that the chips are causing this.
Any added smoke to a pellet grill is good smoke, just like other fires, it's white at first but it settles down and gives good flavor

NO, I don't soak,

Any added smoke to a pellet grill is good smoke, just like other fires, it's white at first but it settles down and gives good flavor

If that did. Then all's good. I haven't seen that with using just pellets before. Not that nasty. Any smoke is good? I won't agree with that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky