1st time smoking...smoked lasagna

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jiaconis

Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
Akron, OH
My husband and I have been discussing making smoked lasagna... so today I decided to give it a try on my own.  I found you guys online and saw some helpful tips.  Lasagna is one of my speciality dishes... so I tweaked it a bit based on some of the information I read.  I started my charcoals and based on what I read, I decided to use the hickory and cherry wood.  I kept the smoker at about 270 for the average temp.  I did double aluminum pan my lasagna, since it was so heavy.  I think that also helped keep it moist.  I put an insane amount of mozarella throughout and topped with parmesan.  The cheese really picked up the smoked hues.  So, the family loved it.. and so its a keeper!  Thanks for the help in getting me started.

Thin blue smoke off of a blend of charcoal, cherry, and hickory

In the smoker

Finished product

Some homemade bread with it...not from the smoker, but made with love all the same

Enjoy the Q-view, and thanks for the help!

Figures...my wife loads everything up and gets beautiful thin blue smoke on the first attempt, lol.  Nice job honey, and welcome to the forum!

Congrats on a great first smoke and that lasagna looks awesome 

Hello and thank you!!!  It cooked at about 270 for about 90 minutes.. and the mozarella and parmesan cheeses both picked up this yummy smoked flavor.  I was concerned about it drying out... but it was perfect.. and gooey!  I put my sauce on the bottom of the pan.. layering a noodle with a touch of paste brushed onto it, ricotta cheese(mixed with egg, parmesan, garlic, pepper, salt, and parsley), some pre-cooked italian sausage, cover layer with sauce, and smother it in mozarella.  Repeat.. I do about 4 layers.  The top layer I covered lightly with sauce and heavy with parm... I also had some sauce on the side - just in case,,,, but we didn't use it. Definitely a family favorite in our house!  Thanks for the encouragement and support! 

Oh, oh, I see some rivelry developing.  Hey kids, now you can work together and come up with the best meals ever.  Congrats on your first TBS, and keep it up.  Welcome to the forum Mrs, and thanks for the Q-view.  Steve

I smell a battle of the smokers between the 2. Looks great

Welcome to the SMF Family...It's great when you share a common love of smoke. My Mrs' loves my food but hates to cook. Should be interseting to see which of you would do better in a Throwdown...JJ 

drool.gif
Looks great! Piaconis, you're a lucky man!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky