1st time smoking Meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rkemo

Original poster
Jun 15, 2011
I have a couple of quick questions. I only have mesquite or hickory wood, which one would you recommend? I typically try to keep my temp at 225, is this a good temp, and about how long should it take? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Mesquite is kinda stron. I would go with Hickory myself. Take that bad boy to about 160-165 & your gonna love it. Maybe put some kinda BBQ sauce on top or wrap in bacon MMMMMMMMM

Both of the guys before me nailed it - great advice

Thanks, going to smoke at 225. I am going to make two each weight 2lbs using Jeff's recipe. Any thoughts to approximately how long it might take?

Thanks for the recipe. I am going to cook two of them so I may try two different recipes and may give yours a shot.

Good luck with the loaf,

I like to start mine in a loaf pan the first 1-2 hrs to set the shape, Then place on the cooking rack and smoke.

That way you don't get a flat loaf.

Hope this helps. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky