• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

1st time beef ribs on my new Yoder

FernandoJr27

Joined Dec 12, 2017
What’s up everyone
After a long winter we are finally getting some nice weather in Jersey so I was excited to use my new Yoder Cheyenne .....
Since this week was my boss birthday I got the perfect excuse to try some beef ribs on my smoker.
Let me tell you I’m used to smoke on my WSM and I made some really good meat. But the Yoder took the ribs to a whole another level.
I coated the ribs with hot sauce and I used a salt and pepper rub. After 9 hours at 285 on the smoker the ribs came out amazing.....
I was impressed how easy it was to keep a good clean smoke and maintain the temperature. The only thing I’ll change next time is the type of wood, this time I used hickory next time I’ll try oak.
Attached are the pics.

Attachments

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Those are some awesome looking beef ribs!
Nice & meaty & perfectly done!
Great job & congrats on making the carousel!
Al

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Nice job on the bones,did the link I gave you for the wood help?
Richie

weedeater

Smoking Fanatic
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 26, 2012
Looks great!
Congrats on making the carousel!

Weedeater

gmc2003

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Sorry I'm a bit late to this one. Somehow it got buried. Those ribs look real good. Glad your successful and happy with the yoder.

Point for sure.

Chris

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.