1st Spare Ribs W/ Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigkvn1

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 11, 2011
California
Coming off the high of having a successful first smoke w/ the 2 tri tips, I decided to get on some ribs.  Our local Winco had spares at $1.78lb, so I picked up a bag that went about 12 lbs.

Trimmed the bad boys up, and rubbed them down w/ the basic recipies found here on SMF w/ a couple extra kickers for good measure.  They are now wrapped and sitting in the fridge awaiting the 3-2-1 method tommorrow on the Yoder. 

a4e0b660_ribs3.png
c98d630b_ribs2.png
6a326bf5_ribs.png

Last edited:
icon_cool.gif

Now your ribs started off really good so keep up the good work.

Hey BigKevin looking good so far. Might have asked this before, where are you in CA

Coming up on 5 hrs now....  Just put on some of the trimmings from the ribs, and a couple chicken breasts from the fridge.  Wrapped the pig in pig, and the chicken in pig!:)

Scarbelly- Bako

Just unfoiled at 5hrs.  No pullback yet, and not too tender.  Any suggestions other than keep up the last hour???     

Turned out YUMMY!  Very moist and tender for sure.  However, not falling off the bone.  Family loved them!  3-2-1 method used.

Enjoy,

Kevin

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky