1st Smok on my GOSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

watery eyes

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 21, 2007
Detroit Suburbs
Finally got a chance to break in the GOSM with a true smoke!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Here are some pics.....

These two show the good smoke I had going & a look inside as to what we be cookin'....
be95ab7f_vbattach12721.jpg

b069a88d_vbattach12720.jpg

Heres a look at the Fatties that came off & the nice smoke ring(next post)....

Will post pics of the Chickens when we pull them off in another hour or so!

PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif
Lookin Good BABY!!!
2da4ff44_vbattach12722.jpg

Looks like you are off to a good start. Congratulations. Tell us a little bit about your Big Block topper you've got.

Way to go, Watery Eyes!

I have only one suggestion....all poultry products should be on the bottom racks. Just a little food safety thingy I picked up from other forum members.

I see you use a topper like I do! Mine is more a directional thing but it makes a big diference on rainy days and days when the wind is a bit stiff.

Great looking product! Keep up the great effort!

Cheers!

Inside ready to eat.....

A nice juicy slice next to a helping of Wicked Beans.....

And my wife very pleased with the results.....

Thanks to everyone for their help and advice. I can't tell you how long I have looked over the threads in the forum and how helpful they were to maing this smoke a success.

Chicken was on the bottom - followed by the Wicked Beans - and then the Fatties up on top.

Definitely going for a encore tomorrow!

icon_cool.gif

3052ad7b_vbattach12729.jpg

61247309_vbattach12728.jpg

0c45fdde_vbattach12727.jpg

Great looking food. Just one minor drawback though. The posted pictures are a great but a little small. You can post jpegs up to 97 KB or so.

ooops... had size wrong

I signed up for an ImageShack account last night and will post pics of today's(Memorial Day) BBQ in a more eye pleasing size.....

I checked out your new pictures from ImageShack on your other thread. Did you know that you could insert the large picture right into your post, instead of the small picture that is linked to the larger one?

Copy the DIRECT LINK TO IMAGE from the ImageShack page you get after uploading your pic; Press the INSERT IMAGE icon in the MESSAGE box of this forum where you type your post; Then paste the direct-link in the pop-up box that asks for the URL of your image.

Your image would look like this:
image015vf5.jpg

I knew that one of the links available would allow it - but I was trying to be sympathetic to the couple people that may still be using a dial-up modem.

Thanks for the tip.....
PDT_Armataz_01_24.gif

The topper is just a vent cap that I picked up at Home Depot for under $9.00 - I knew threw on a coat of primer and paint and it worked pretty well during the wind and light rain we had over the weekend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky