1st Packer in a long time...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ellymae

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 21, 2009
Southeastern PA
Found a place that carries packer briskets.. better yet, PRIME packers... WOO HOO!!!!
Picked up 2, one is in the freezer - this is the other one ...

Not sure how much this one weighs, but it is the smaller of the 2, and together they were 21 pounds...
It's sitting on a full sized sheet pan

All trimmed up..

Underside

We also picked up some beef ribs... not too meaty, but will be a nice snack for the Eagles game...

Everyone loaded into the Traeger... we were thinking about putting on a pork butt too but there is no space...
icon_mrgreen.gif

Reactions: disco
Hey Ellymae!!! Finally caught one of your posts again...haven't had much time to browse lately, so this will be a treat for me. Nice looking packer!!! Just now found out you have the Traeger, and it seems it's earning it's keep while you keep it busy...
cool.gif

You're doing burnt ends with the point, I assume? Love 'em!!! I'll be patiently awaiting the finish...
popcorn.gif

Eric

5 1/2 hours in...

Brisket flat @ 160* - probing tough... must... be... patient....

Wrapped in foil to move things along a little...

7 1/2 hours in... last 2 in foil...
Took off the point and added the flat and the juice to a pan...

The flat is now resting in a cooler..

Cut up the point...

Added more rub and these beauties back in the smoker.
As I was cutting these up, Big Al snuck a taste and the only words out of his mouth were.. Oh my... oh my....

Mac and cheese in the oven now... can't wait for dinner.

/ message sig

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky