1st Comp Cook off this weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Screenshot_20220524-191758_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Man awesome thread. Also out last week and didn't see any of this. Congratulations I know you're pumped on that huge win

Reactions: 912smoker
Sorry I am late to the celebration party but was off all last week and didn't turn on the computer once, so just saw this today.

CONGRATS ON THE BIG WIN!!!
Never to late to celebrate Brett and thanks ! It was lots of work and family fun and we were very fortunate.

Keith

Man awesome thread. Also out last week and didn't see any of this. Congratulations I know you're pumped on that huge win
Many thanks Mr G and still trying to recuperate 🤪.
But planning on a bigger (only thing we have found in the area) KCBS sanctioned event is Sept. Hopefully we can find something before then and practice. Still have a lot to learn and figure out.

Keith

Dang I missed this also. Congratulations, that is fantastic. Hoping to see and hear of more events for your team. . .

Packing up now for our 2nd comp .
This one is an annual event in Vidalia, GA with some top KCBS and GBC teams from Ga, including Mr Mixon. I'm a rookie and down 3 team members but planning to have fun and learn !

Keith

Packing up now for our 2nd comp .
This one is an annual event in Vidalia, GA with some top KCBS and GBC teams from Ga, including Mr Mixon. I'm a rookie and down 3 team members but planning to have fun and learn !

Keith
Good luck to you. I'm interested to see how the new pork rule shakes out.

For various reasons I had to cancel judging at 4 comps in my area, and tomorrow is the last one I'm signed up for. The American Royal dates this year forced a change for our local comp (which is usually a double header) for a one-day event. Some years we get some heavy hitters like Slap's BBQ and Gettin' Basted. I haven't seen the line-up yet this year.

Thanks thirdeye! We are in over our heads and looking like the Clampetts compaiired to these guys 😐 but gonna give it out best shot !
Didn't see anything different with the por rules .

Keith

Thanks Jake gonna concentrate on having fun ! Got the prime brisket trimmed, injected and flavored. Resting peacefully in the cooler. Pork butts are next 😁
20221007_172415.jpg
And that's a butcher cut on the end😲

Keith

Reactions: MJB05615
Brisket on at 10pm riding then the night @ 250°.
20221007_220644.jpg
Beautiful night in the onion city with the temp at
66° and a low of 57° at 6am.
Gotta cook everything on the MBGF 1050 so planning some wiggle/resting time for the brisket make room for the others.

Keith

Does sound like a beautiful night there!.enjoy it and have fun! Will wait for updates tomorrow.
Thank you sir and it is. Everything trimmed and ready except the chicken thighs.
The pack my son picked up from our butcher are horrible 😫. No meat at all on them and it was 11 tonight before I noticed them. No one open till 6am so making a quick, early run to see what we can find.
Another cook that uses our guy is in the se shape. No brine for the chicken parts.

Keith

Good Luck! Looks great so far.
Thanks and we'll need all that we can find !
Hopefully we can make to get everything turned in on time and we'll call it a victory 😄

Brisket sitting at 117 with 2:45 in.
20221008_013136.jpg
Grabbing a little shut eye and up at 4am for the butts.

Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky