1st cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

redneck69

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Western Nebraska
dc041398_cheese.jpg

filled my AMNS 1/2 way up with hickory and cold smoked for about 3 hours, now its time to wait for a few weeks to see how they turned out.  
icon_smile.gif

Oh teah!!

I got some almost ready to eat..

Craig

i did not get the temp when i pulled them out, they were sweating a bit and the mozz cheese did start to get soft.  the only heat to them was from the AMNS. i'm gonna wait about 14-20 more days before i open them up. 

i did not get the temp when i pulled them out, they were sweating a bit and the mozz cheese did start to get soft.  the only heat to them was from the AMNS. i'm gonna wait about 14-20 more days before i open them up. 

14 to 20 more days!!!!!

Boy do you have patience!

Bear

f3975abe_IMG00230-20110318-1544.jpg

i couldn't wait any longer,  i took some cheese into work and had some taste testing done...everyone that tried some loved it...i want to thank everyone for the input on a post i had a few months back on how to do smoked cheese.  

i couldn't wait any longer,  i took some cheese into work and had some taste testing done...everyone that tried some loved it...i want to thank everyone for the input on a post i had a few months back on how to do smoked cheese.  
LOL----That was the quickest 14 to 20 days I've seen in a long time.  
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Good anyway--huh?----Sure looks good!

Bear

Great Job!

Sucks that you have to smoke up another batch...Oh Well!

You may want to place the AMNS over to one side of your smoker, and even make a foil tent.  This will help deflect the heat from going directly up, and also keep any drips off the sawdust.  Make a bunch, because you're gonna run out.

Todd

Glad it turned out so good. I freeze mine so I don't eat it all at. Smoked cheese makes the best grilled cheese sammies.  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky