1st Annual Gathering Announcement

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cheech

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 19, 2005
Beautiful Grand Rapids Michigan
Who: All are welcome to the first annual SMF Get Together

What: Weekend camping, cooking, relaxing, and visiting

Where:Northern Cherokee Trading Post Camp Ground Clinton MO.
578 E Hwy 7, Clinton, MO 64735

When: June 15th, 16th, & 17th

Activities: Planned trip to Sedalia Missouri to view the smoking competition, various music played by members, rib rub contest and give away prizes.

Prizes: Grand Giveaway is a
GOSM 3405 BGW gas smoker; other items will be given away during activities.

Camping will be available for $25 per campsite and around $65/night for a hotel room.
Shirts and hats will be available to purchase. Please see newsletter or other post for further details.

GREAT!!!!!!! Been waiting for this post for a long time. Should be a lot of fun. See you there.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

We are working on the post for where to order shirts and hats from. Please hang in there we will get it done as soon as we can.

We will also work on getting a picture of the location if we can.

Please remember to sign up for bringing a part of a meal too. We hope to have that filled up soon.

Hmmm.....picture. I think the guy that was supposed to do that today spent too much time mushroom hunting. I will punish him accordingly.
icon_frown.gif

Thank you Cheech and Ultramag for all the hard work so far in helping set this up.

Ladies and Gents there has been a lot of issues dealt with while trying to get the best deals, location, and time frame. I know we can't make everyone happy, but we have tried to come as close as possilbe.

We had originally planned to try a camp site at the lake, but do to reservation issues and seperation of the crowd we opted for the current location. There won't be the early quiet time plus there will be the use of kitchen facilities and the like. I feel that the price is very, very fair. This is for the entire weekend, which is less than a day at the lake.

The shirt and cap order form will be coming as soon as we can get some final issues worked out.

For use of these facilities we were made to understand that certain rules of conduct should be followed. Please understand that ALL are welcome to attend.

As children will be present during this function:

1. We ask that when consuming alcohol that moderation be observed.
2. Profanity be monitored
3. Leave your bad temper at home and show up ready to have fun and relax

Due to concerns from the Tribal leadership of water usage they ask that if bringing in an RV that you please fill the water tanks before arriving. There will be a dump station available off site. Info will be provided later

Please plan on attending if at all possible. Again thanks to everyone for your patience and participation. Let's make this the best first event ever!

Joe

We thought this might need bumped back into main stream for all the new people that have joined the forum lately.

If you are new, or not so new, all are welcome to attend. We'd love to get you some information on this event, so just give ultramag, cheech, or myself a quick PM to let us know you'd like to come out.

Keep Smokin

I would love to be there myself ,but sadly will not be ...I would also be intersted in ordering a hat and shirt also ,if possible .
icon_rolleyes.gif

Sounds like a blast
Just a tad too far for me though but I hope everyone has a good time...
I will be thinkin of ya having all that fun while i sweat at putting down new stone work and rebuild my deck
PDT_Armataz_01_02.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Hello all, thanks for your inquiries. Yes you can order shirts and hats. If you have received this months newsletter the info is in there. If not here is a link to download the order form...

Order 2007 SMF Gathering T-shirts and/or Hats (requires MS Excel)

Also info can be found in this thread...

Ordering Shirts & Hats for Gathering

If you can't download the order form or have problems please send me a PM and I will do whatever in needed to get you taken care of.

Thanks again all. Hope to see as many as possible at the gathering.

Keep Smokin

Even though I am not going I bought a hat to help support the forum any way I can.

Take care,

Brian

I went up and had a final meeting about the arrangements for the gathering today and remembered to get a few pics to give you guys a little feel for where we would be.

This is a shot of a few of the Rv hook-ups:

This is the fire ring. It is about 3-4 foot around and about a foot and a half tall:

This is the kitchen building from the outside:

This is the inside of the kitchen:

And the other way. You can see some items stored in the background. These should be out of the way for us. They only use the kitchen once or twice a year so they store some items in it over the winter.:

We should have at least one fridge, sink, stove, microwave, and should have use of a commercial type ice machine. If not, there should be a reasonable amount of ice bagged up and available to us.

I look forward to seeing ya'll there!!!

I've been looking and don't see the contact info for the motel anywhere so I figured I'd stick it in here. I called this morning and there are still plenty of rooms available as of now. I went to all the local motels and went to one or two rooms in each. This place is the best one in town IMO for the money. It is about 2-3 years old and used to be a Super-8. The name was changed due to a local tourism tax that only applied to chain motels. Following is a link to their web-site:

http://www.parkfieldinn.com/

You will want the Clinton location as it will put you 6 miles from the gathering location. Room rate I was quoted was $65 a nite or $75 for a two room suite. There are motels that are a little cheaper, but not American owned and not nearly as high of standards. Your giving up alot for a little.

If anyone needs more info or wants something cheaper shoot me a PM and I'll help you however I can.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky