15 lb. Crown Roast trashed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Bought it last week sell by date 11/26/19 my fridge hold 38°F checked fridge temp every day with out opening it.Today I went to see what size pan to use and you guessed it the nose knows.
Richie
Scrambling to find a store open

Ouch. That sucks. I've had the same issue with pork ribs - for pork I'm cooking by sell date, beef I'll give a couple more days. Stop and Shop should be open.

Bought it last week sell by date 11/26/19 my fridge hold 38°F checked fridge temp every day with out opening it.Today I went to see what size pan to use and you guessed it the nose knows.
Richie
Scrambling to find a store open
Dang it!! It happened to me a few months back with 2 racks of spare ribs. That smell! That time I got out of my routine. For many, many years I have bought ALL of my pork from Sam's Club. This day, I bought them from a local grocery store. Big mistake. I guess it could happen at any store including Sam's but not yet.

Reactions: JC in GB
Man that sucks!! Hope you find something to cook. I had some ribs like that this summer. Well within the sell by and all six racks made me gag Back to the store they went for a refund.

Well that's a bummer. Around here the little mom-n-pop joints are open till 1:00 pm. There's always restaurants or take-outs. Good luck and I hope your Tday gets better Richie.

Chris

Save a Lot Has saved my day boneless Pork Loin
Not going to smoke it roasting this one back later
Thanks all for the concern
Richie

Reactions: zwiller and chopsaw
Bummer Richie! Could there be anything hiding in your freezer that might bail the day out in a pinch? Sausage and pasta still makes for a great family meal, I'd actually rather have that than turkey any day. Whatever you decide I'm sure it'll be well worth sitting down to, good luck! RAY

After reading this , I remembered I got a 3 lb eye round out to thaw . Just found it sitting on top of the garage fridge ,, since last Tuesday .
No meal to worry about at least .

I've had that happen with pork ribs as well. Bought 4 racks, all from the same place, all at the same time. One definitely didn't pass the sniff test.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky