12lb Turkey and a 8 lb pork tenderloin / Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingd

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
Vegreville, AB, Canada
I decided to smoke both Sunday.  I was up at 6am to start my charcoal burning plywood smokehouse.  The turkey I brined in using Jeff's brine minus the crab boil http://www.smoking-meat.com/brining-meat.html  .  I didn't get and pic's after it rested but here is some nice ones before.

5249cb47_DSCF2859.jpg

5aa50bc4_DSCF2860.jpg

6be29a75_DSCF2861.jpg

I smoked this bird maintaining a temp of 225-250F using apple chips.  After it came out of the brine I gave it a lite sprinkle of garlic powder and onto the smoker it went.  It was on the smoker for around 7 hrs and I pulled and wrapped at 171F.  The juices that built up in the cavity as it rested I used to make a gravey using a Clubhouse turkey gravey mix mmmmmmmmmmm so good.   Again sorry no after pics.  It came out moist in every part and the taste was to die for.

The pork I injected with a dry garlic sauce and then gave it a good rub with the sauce.  Obviously smoked with apple as well.

23580c41_DSCF2866.jpg

1cd6f0f3_DSCF2863.jpg
d736d443_DSCF2862.jpg

I just love the color this piece of meat took.

b53d8c34_DSCF2864.jpg

I have definetly found a new favorite in this sauce.  I put this loin on at around noon just before my turkey was to come off.  I held the same temps and this was done to 165F wrapped and resting by 4pm.  LOL my mouth is watering while I type this think I will have a pork loin sammie this morning.

Thanks for looking

icon_cool.gif

He's alive everyone...What's up my friend ???I guess you have been busy working. But you sure haven't lost you touch for smoking I see. Your bird look great and so does that loin also. Now you enjoy and stick around this time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky