1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

12lb Turkey and a 8 lb pork tenderloin / Q-view

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smokingd, Nov 1, 2010.

1. I decided to smoke both Sunday.  I was up at 6am to start my charcoal burning plywood smokehouse.  The turkey I brined in using Jeff's brine minus the crab boil http://www.smoking-meat.com/brining-meat.html  .  I didn't get and pic's after it rested but here is some nice ones before.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I smoked this bird maintaining a temp of 225-250F using apple chips.  After it came out of the brine I gave it a lite sprinkle of garlic powder and onto the smoker it went.  It was on the smoker for around 7 hrs and I pulled and wrapped at 171F.  The juices that built up in the cavity as it rested I used to make a gravey using a Clubhouse turkey gravey mix mmmmmmmmmmm so good.   Again sorry no after pics.  It came out moist in every part and the taste was to die for.

The pork I injected with a dry garlic sauce and then gave it a good rub with the sauce.  Obviously smoked with apple as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

I just love the color this piece of meat took.

[​IMG]

I have definetly found a new favorite in this sauce.  I put this loin on at around noon just before my turkey was to come off.  I held the same temps and this was done to 165F wrapped and resting by 4pm.  LOL my mouth is watering while I type this think I will have a pork loin sammie this morning.

Thanks for looking

2. mballi3011

mballi3011 Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

He's alive everyone...What's up my friend ???I guess you have been busy working. But you sure haven't lost you touch for smoking I see. Your bird look great and so does that loin also. Now you enjoy and stick around this time.

3. adiochiro3

adiochiro3 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Nice Q-view!  Well done my friend!