$1.49/lb Select Brisket Market Street (TX)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tallbm

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 30, 2016
Texas
Market Street grocery stores in TX have $1.99/lb select briskets and with digital coupon $1.49/lb limit 2.

BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma you know the store.

They usually carry a bunch and you can easily find select briskets that look just like choice grade.
I'll be getting 2 and likely eating brisket for the superbowl :D

Dang! That is a hell of a price! I saw a flier today for choice brisket @$2.99 and sent a text to the captian at the fire station. Probably gonna pick one up to cook up for the guys some time soon.
yeah great price!

Enjoy your brisket. I know I sure will :)

Reactions: JLeonard
Market Street grocery stores in TX have $1.99/lb select briskets and with digital coupon $1.49/lb limit 2.

BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma you know the store.

They usually carry a bunch and you can easily find select briskets that look just like choice grade.
I'll be getting 2 and likely eating brisket for the superbowl :D
Perfect price for an entry in the super bowl throwdown 😉

Perfect price for an entry in the super bowl throwdown 😉
I may not get to smoke them for the superbowl now as some things have come up keeping me from the house. I won't run my smoker unless I'm here. I don't want to burn down the neighborhood should something go wrong.

I foresee smoked brisket early next week though :D

Reactions: JLeonard
Not overly fond of 'select' rated briskets. My go to is prime, but choice will do in a pinch.

Not overly fond of 'select' rated briskets. My go to is prime, but choice will do in a pinch.
I'm with you on there.
This place is my exception. They get such a good selection that I always end up picking out select grade briskets that look and bend like choice grade briskets I normally get.

These are also great for grinding to have ground beef! :D

Reactions: schlotz
I really did not need another as I still have 2 in freezer. I found a decent small one so I got it. They also had hams for about $5. All ready have couple in freezer also. No more room in freezer so these going to have to be used. Thinking about just slicing the ham up. Guess the guys on river going to be happy.

Reactions: tallbm
I may not get to smoke them for the superbowl now as some things have come up keeping me from the house. I won't run my smoker unless I'm here. I don't want to burn down the neighborhood should something go wrong.

I foresee smoked brisket early next week though :D
But you have until the 20th. Enjoy those briskets, we can't even get the shopping bag to put them into for that price.

Chris

Reactions: jcam222
But you have until the 20th. Enjoy those briskets, we can't even get the shopping bag to put them into for that price.

Chris
Yea I'll get a couple and smoke em for sure.
Perks of living in brisket country. Wish others got prices like this a couple of times a year.

Just don't try to smoke and eat those shopping bags, they don't render down :D

Reactions: gmc2003
Yea I'll get a couple and smoke em for sure.
Perks of living in brisket country. Wish others got prices like this a couple of times a year.

Just don't try to smoke and eat those shopping bags, they don't render down :D
If we did it would justify a third freezer for me I think.

Reactions: tallbm
I was really happy to find this choice brisket at HyVee. It says trimmed but I will be doing more and hopefully I will end up with 12-13 lbs to go on the Kamado Joe.
20230208_140645.jpg

Nice price. Was happy to get 2 prime grade at Costco today for $3.99/lb to smoke for Super Bowl. One for me and one for my neighbor keeping an eye out at my house when I travel.

Reactions: Colin1230
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky