smoke ribs @ home - then drive to grandmas - best method?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

husker-q

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
KC, MO
Daughters birthday party Monday and, much to my great joy, has selected my ribs as the meal of choice.

Will be having the food at Grandmas house (about 1/2 hr drive). Since they dont have a smoker, will have to smoke at my house, then take them up there.

I was thinking of smoking up through the foil stage, keeping them in the foil, knowing they'll continue to cook on their own during transport, then perhaps finishing off on gas grill at their house ?

Think that will work or do you know of a better way to make the ribs mobile?

I would think bringing them to temp and foiling would be fine, especially since it is only 1/2hr drive.
If they seem to cool or you want to sauce them and finish them on a grill once you get there I have to figure that would work perfectly fine as well.

After you foil them Wrap them in a towel and place them in a Clean DRY Cooler and they will hold temp while you transport them...

They will stay HOT double wrapped in foil and a couple of towels wrapped round them. 1/2 hour to an hour is the perfect resting time for them.

You should be good to go.

Tell your daughter happy birthday from the rest of us.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Got it - Thanks - looking forward to it!

smoking and Football!!!!!!!!!!! Yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No better way to spend a Sat night!!!!!!!!!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky