You’ve Been Selected, Resistance is Futile!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Maybe I should clarify... you made the comment of snacks in the house... enter Tender Vittles comment... the cat food ( do they even make that anymore?) ... not eating the cat lol!

Ryan
I've no problem eating any animal, not even dogs or cats.
1.2 billion Hindus look down at us over eating cows.
That's 3x the population of the US.
I'd eat a human if push came to shove.
Mmmmm Long Pig!

Bwahahaha!

Velvet doubled down tonight when let in the house.

First thing she discovered was my middle son's aquarium, first it was chase the fish with her paws, then she tried to jump atop the aquarium and that was that.
She is no longer welcome in our two son's room.

Then she heads to living room and finally spots our Budgie's cage.
OH LOOK! Feathered Skittles!
Must Have!
She jumps at the cage and the birds freak, my wife freaks!
Kitty jumps again, more chaos ensues!

Velvet is back outside and there I believe is where she'll stay now.

And yes, I told my wife and daughter...
"I told ya so!"

Last edited:
And I say again... I tawt I saw a putty tat! :emoji_blush:

Ryan
LMAO!
If I was to translate what those birds were screaming I might catch a ban.
Them birds have never seen a predator before, much less had one inches away climbing the side of their home with murder in it's eyes.

Last edited:
Our cats past and present used to love my fish tanks, I would put the cat stand right next to the 77 gallon bow front tank for them to play.
cat pictures.jpg

Maggie Mittens.JPG

Today was the first day of Velvet's training, and of course I had to be the disciplinarian.

Which was actually fun for me being as I got to squirt her with a spray bottle every time she headed for the birds.
LMAO! That cat can instantly jump in any direction from any position. :emoji_laughing:
And the good thing is she never connected it with me.
But the best thing is she seems to learn quick, after getting hosed four times she decided to sit back and watch instead of instant Seek-n-Destroy mode. :emoji_skull:

Last edited:
Our cats past and present used to love my fish tanks, I would put the cat stand right next to the 77 gallon bow front tank for them to play.
Son's tank is just a 10gal.
Swatting at them is one thing, trying to jump atop it is a big freaking "NO!"

I used to maintain a 75 and a 55.
75 had our Tiger Oscar named Allanon and Green Severum named Padashar.
They lived together for over 10 years.
55 was a South American biotope, centerpiece was my breeding pair of Keyhole Cichlids.

Reactions: JLeonard
Son's tank is just a 10gal.
Swatting at them is one thing, trying to jump atop it is a big freaking "NO!"

I used to maintain a 75 and a 55.
75 had our Tiger Oscar named Allanon and Green Severum named Padashar.
They lived together for over 10 years.
55 was a South American biotope, centerpiece was my breeding pair of Keyhole Cichlids.
I had 15 tanks going until this year from 20 gal long up to a 125. Bred many species of Central and South American cichlids, plecos, and a some catfish. Now down to 2 tanks and a 5500 gallon Koi pond. Koi are at least 18" and the monster albino channel cat is probably 36" put him in at 4".

catfish1.jpg

catfish2.jpg

First time I've ever seen this...

A little bit better perspective...

This was at my dad's... maybe it's waiting for the birds?

Ryan
I was thinking that is one talented cat.
The better perspective and you got one of them sissy cat walks.
More fun dragging my fat butt up the vertical ladder and laying on the top to see how much room before it hits the top of the ring.
You still use the drag auger to unload the bin?

First time I've ever seen this...

View attachment 685192

A little bit better perspective...

View attachment 685193

This was at my dad's... maybe it's waiting for the birds?

Ryan
I am cat. I own everything. What I see, I claim.

Kitty left me another mouse last night, little bitty teensy one about an inch long. This one had been mostly decapitated. Better off decapitated rather than in my walls. That's 2 in a week.

I had 15 tanks going until this year from 20 gal long up to a 125. Bred many species of Central and South American cichlids, plecos, and a some catfish. Now down to 2 tanks and a 5500 gallon Koi pond. Koi are at least 18" and the monster albino channel cat is probably 36" put him in at 4".

View attachment 685199
View attachment 685200
We'd absolutely love to put in a small Koi pond.
But something always gets in the way.

Reactions: JLeonard
We'd absolutely love to put in a small Koi pond.
But something always gets in the way.
In the North East we can't go small, needs to be 3-4 feet deep so the fish can survive under the ice. For years I threatened the family that I wanted to convert the 20,000 gallon inground pool into a pond.

• Haha
Reactions: Fueling Around
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky