Ribs to fix a craving….

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Been craving ribs since I saw a posting the other day. Did a 12 hr overnight shift at my side gig. Hit Kroger on the way home. Got a couple slabs of BB RIBS. and ran across these in the meat dept.
IMG_1560.jpeg
Seven poppers for $7 Figured what the heck, I’d give ’em a try.
IMG_1558.jpeg
Cut the slabs in half because I wanted to sauce a couple differently. Gave em a mustard binder with Malcolm’s “The BBQ RUB” on them.
IMG_1559.jpeg
Onto the kettle with KBB and cherry for flavor. Used a rib rack I’d bought on a whim…wasnt impressed. Cooked them unwrapped average temp of 250 degrees til they were toothpick tender and passed the bend test.
IMG_1563.jpeg
sauced with Captain Rodney’s Boucan Glaze, Jeff’s BBQ sauce and the rest just left naked.
IMG_1561.jpeg
Poppers weren’t bad for $7. Had to try one out while the ribs were finishing.
IMG_1564.jpeg
Plate‘d.
IMG_1565.jpeg
And happy plate.

Jim

Between the 12 hr shift and that empty plate it would be lights out for me😁.
Great ribs Jim and the.poppers look tasty !

Keith
Took a 3 hr nap when I got home. Belly’s full now won’t be long out of bed.

Jim

Yeah I do my reg job 40 hrs a week then pick up a 12 hr on the weekend at my side gig. Always hours for a nurse.

Jim
Yep. My wife is a nurse and she can work ALL the hours she wants. In fact she's picking up a shift for someone tomorrow.

Reactions: JLeonard
Dang Jim... you're making me tired! Well maybe I just finished eating and ready for bed lol. Been busy getting ready for storm.

Ryan

Yes!! That’s what I’m talking about. They look perfect! I see that Mac n cheese too that’s what my kids tear up when I cook 😂. Nothing like a 6+ hour cook for my kids to eat some Mac n cheese

• Haha
Yes!! That’s what I’m talking about. They look perfect! I see that Mac n cheese too that’s what my kids tear up when I cook 😂. Nothing like a 6+ hour cook for my kids to eat some Mac n cheese

It all looks good. I could go for half rack. Nice work.

Ribs... YUM!
Half rack portions are great serving sizes.

Now that’s called a recharge meal! Nice 3rd shift work!
Thanks guys. Scratched my rib itch.

Jim

Reactions: civilsmoker
Dang Jim, those ribs look awesome… rest of the plate looks good too! Nice you could fit in some Q time after working that much!

Oh, and I’ve never been a fan of rib racks either!

Ribs look real good Jim, but I think you need a new set of chompers. You left some meat on Dem Bones.

Point for sure
Chris

• Haha
Ribs look real good Jim, but I think you need a new set of chompers. You left some meat on Dem Bones.

Point for sure
Chris
LOL! That was for Zeke, my lab. He does a great job of being my sous chef (read that as being underfoot) I let him have a bone or two to gnaw on.

Jim

Reactions: gmc2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky