cooking ribs faster than 3-2-1

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clifish

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 25, 2019
Long Island, NY
We have relatives coming over this weekend and I know one of them are bringing a couple marinated racks of ribs (assuming St. Louis). I will probably only have 4 hours at the most to smoke them on the MB 800 gravity. What temp/time should I do this at? I will probably wrap in the middle with the marinating liquid in the foil. I was thinking at least 285 for maybe 1 hour, bump to 325 during wrap for 1.5 then unwrapped till done.

With what you described you should be done around the 3 - 3.5 hr. mark. My only fear would be the sugar content of the marinate.

Chris

Reactions: clifish
With what you described you should be done around the 3 - 3.5 hr. mark. My only fear would be the sugar content of the marinate.

Chris
yeah not sure on that, last year it was an Asian type marinade so it might have a bit in it. Last time I did them on low on the gasser, top rack. I did not have the MB 800 then.

Reactions: JLeonard
We have relatives coming over this weekend and I know one of them are bringing a couple marinated racks of ribs (assuming St. Louis). I will probably only have 4 hours at the most to smoke them on the MB 800 gravity. What temp/time should I do this at? I will probably wrap in the middle with the marinating liquid in the foil. I was thinking at least 285 for maybe 1 hour, bump to 325 during wrap for 1.5 then unwrapped till done.
that sound like a good plan. the MB's are groovy that they will hit and hold set temp(once you know the deviaion from the internal therm prob)
The foil will keep them from drying out too much. FWIW every time i USED to do 3-2-1. The 1 was what made the ribs FOTB, which bugs me. Make sure you have plenty of beverges to keep them busy until they are DONE.

Reactions: clifish
that sound like a good plan. the MB's are groovy that they will hit and hold set temp(once you know the deviaion from the internal therm prob)
The foil will keep them from drying out too much. FWIW every time i USED to do 3-2-1. The 1 was what made the ribs FOTB, which bugs me. Make sure you have plenty of beverges to keep them busy until they are DONE.
Plenty of alcohol and a pool to keep everyone busy.

• Haha
Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky