Apple Butter Ribs, Beans and roasted potatoes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada

So a nice sunny but cool day , and I really wanted some ribs. So here it is on the Q with my new little smoke box. ( works great ) But did not fit under the grate like I though it would. So when the Q is not so hot ( lol ) I will play with it when there is no food on the racks.

Covered with Mesquite BBQ Rub, on the Q with Black Cherry chips.
Cut in 3 pieces because someone said they did not want the Apple Butter . You will see they changed their mind after they tasted the butter, Women :emoji_wink:

DSC_8811.JPG DSC_8813.JPG

DSC_8816.JPG DSC_8815.JPG
TBS rolling nicely,
Beans with red onions, gr. peppers, celery and some cooked bacon , I had laying around. Washed and chopped up potatoes, added Thyme, Lawry's and extra black pepper
and paprika all in a bag with some oil to shake and cover nicely.

DSC_8818.JPG DSC_8819.JPG DSC_8820.JPG
Brought the ribs up to where I wanted them , added My Apple Butter and Ride for another hour or so.

DSC_8821.JPG DSC_8822.JPG

Had the spuds roasting and a couple sausages for my snacks and lunch tomorrow. Moved ribs to hot edge for last bit

DSC_8828.JPG DSC_8824.JPG

DSC_8829.JPG DSC_8830.JPG

Nice meal and that is what I wanted . little coleslaw on the side also.

DSC_8834.JPG

A nice Sunday supper . All was good . Even a little Cherry pie, even though it was store bought :emoji_yum::emoji_sunglasses:

Thanks for looking , now off to work in the shop for the day.

David

Great looking meal!! Man I'd be all over that. And a slab of cherry pie and a cup of coffee afterwards. I'd spend the rest of the day at the kids table watching the lake (snoozing)!

Jim

Reactions: DRKsmoking
YEAP! Looks all looks good!
And I agree, women…can’t live with ‘em, can’t live without’em!

Thanks Justin for the like and the comment

It was a good meal, and been wanting ribs for couple weeks now.
( and yes as soon as I got the rules figured out , she goes and changes them. )

David

• Haha
Reactions: Brokenhandle

So a nice sunny but cool day , and I really wanted some ribs. So here it is on the Q with my new little smoke box. ( works great ) But did not fit under the grate like I though it would. So when the Q is not so hot ( lol ) I will play with it when there is no food on the racks.

Covered with Mesquite BBQ Rub, on the Q with Black Cherry chips.
Cut in 3 pieces because someone said they did not want the Apple Butter . You will see they changed their mind after they tasted the butter, Women :emoji_wink:

View attachment 680928 View attachment 680929

View attachment 680931 View attachment 680930
TBS rolling nicely,
Beans with red onions, gr. peppers, celery and some cooked bacon , I had laying around. Washed and chopped up potatoes, added Thyme, Lawry's and extra black pepper
and paprika all in a bag with some oil to shake and cover nicely.

View attachment 680932 View attachment 680933 View attachment 680934
Brought the ribs up to where I wanted them , added My Apple Butter and Ride for another hour or so.

View attachment 680935 View attachment 680936

Had the spuds roasting and a couple sausages for my snacks and lunch tomorrow. Moved ribs to hot edge for last bit

View attachment 680938 View attachment 680937

View attachment 680939 View attachment 680940

Nice meal and that is what I wanted . little coleslaw on the side also.

View attachment 680943

A nice Sunday supper . All was good . Even a little Cherry pie, even though it was store bought :emoji_yum::emoji_sunglasses:

Thanks for looking , now off to work in the shop for the day.

David
Looks great. miss my apple butter and things. Was raised in an orchard up North. Never got moms apple butter recipe before she was gone.

Great looking meal!! Man I'd be all over that. And a slab of cherry pie and a cup of coffee afterwards. I'd spend the rest of the day at the kids table watching the lake (snoozing)!

Jim

Thanks Jim for the like and the comment

Yes it was a very nice and filling meal, topped off with cherry pie and cool whip.

Yes yesterday was a good lake watching day , and I did not even have to sit at the kiddies table.

But I did have a little snooze , while others did up the supper dishes. Life is good lol

David

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Looks great. miss my apple butter and things. Was raised in an orchard up North. Never got moms apple butter recipe before she was gone.

Thanks for the comment

Yes I love a good apple butter. Long process but always worth it .
I know probably not as good as your moms ( most recipes never are :emoji_wink: :emoji_wink: as good as our moms )
But I think I might have posted it here on one of my harvest threads.

David

Wow! I'll bet the neighborhood smelled GREAT! But I'm sure your neighbors are used to that by now. Another wonderful cook. Thanks for sharing, I love it.

Wow! I'll bet the neighborhood smelled GREAT! But I'm sure your neighbors are used to that by now. Another wonderful cook. Thanks for sharing, I love it.

Thanks Colin for the like and the comment

Yes a couple of them ask what was on the menu a different times .
And no Complaints on the smell as of yet.

It was a tasty batch of ribs and beans etc.

David

Food looks good. But I love that outdoor ptio with all the woods and trees

Thanks for the comment

Yes nice meal for sure ,
And we love it here , on the lake . And i built the deck roofs on both the front and back of the house
And the bunk house by the lake.
The decks are cleared of most items for the winter

DSC_0440.JPG DSC_0441.JPG

DSC_7396.JPG DSC_4956.JPG

IMG_0146.jpg

We enjoy everyday we are able to live here.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky