Pork Side Ribs cut ( spare ribs cut ) Rice and egg rolls

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada

Had a package of pork side ribs cut ( at least that is what they were called on the package ), rubbed with Memphis Dry rib rub.
In a bag and in fridge for 24 hours

Smoker rolling at 225 +/- with Mesquite and Hickory chunk and Cherry chips and 3 charcoal briquettes in the CI pan

It is -7C and winds for last few days at 70 - 90 KM nice smoking weather , but I have some BB Bacon that had to go in as it was being delivered on Friday.

In the smoker with my BBB, the ribs did a 2+1,1/2 + 1, the last 45 topped with my Cherry Rhubarb Jam.

So just as they were ready to rest i the house as I about to start the rest, I got a call for an emergency for a customer , supper is now put off until tomorrow . The rib supper that is . The girls had to fend for themselves. As I would be late . and the Asian meal now set for the next day , which is now today .

1.JPG 2.JPG

4.JPG

6.JPG

This is where they had to wait for another day for me to chew on.

Next day into the oven to warm up , topped with more of my Cherry Rhubarb Jam made into a glaze

7.JPG

Made some fried rice with fried onions and couple of fried eggs all mixed in . And a few egg rolls

8.JPG

9.JPG

Well love these little cut ribs and the glaze is fantastic, if your not sure if I liked it here is the finished second plate.
Now time for a nap.

10.JPG

Thanks for looking and the smoke and the dry rub topped with my glaze , both the ladies and I were very happy

Thanks for hanging around ..

David

Now I will post my first BB Bacon.

Looks great. I've never had ribs cut that way but I like the idea👍

Thanks CC for the like and the comment

Was a good meal , and yes they cut them like that around here sometimes
Just spare ribs and put through the band saw again to make 3 strips

Kind of like the size for beef short ribs which I just love.

David

Reactions: crippledcracker
I'm going to ask the butcher next time if he can cut some for me. I like them cut this way

I remember as a kid ( many moons ago ) dad used to make sweet and sour ribs and they were small bones like this.

When ever they had friends over to play cards. There was always a small bowl in the fridge for me in the morning before
I did my morning paper route. It was good even though it was cooked in a pot on the stove. lol

David

I'd belly up to the fancy eating table for some of that chow David.

View attachment 684010

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris for the like and the comment

Funny you would say that , Mona has always called me Jethro, and not because i'm tall and ruggedly handsome :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing:
Because I eat a lot at most sittings :emoji_yum:

David
:emoji_yum:

Wow, it looks like you stopped just short of licking the plate. :emoji_laughing:
Great cook as always. :emoji_thumbsup:

Thanks Colin for the like and the comment

After the picture , after the picture. lol

yes great ribs and really love the cherry rhubarb glaze, might be doing that on the Christmas ham , not the turkey though.

David

I”d had to go that extra step and not waste any of that great looking meal! As always a great meal and presentation.

Jim

Thanks Jim for the like and the comment

It was very tasty and I cleaned the plate up better after camera , lol :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum:

Thanks Jim it was a good meal and I try to make it pretty. Monas mom likes it, makes her feel special.
I could not believe how much she likes the spice and smokie ribs , even more then Mona does. She was covered in the glaze lol

David

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
those and the plat look mighty tasty! Funny just saw the same cut at out Costco yesterday, I was like…..in wonder….. well I wonder no more….

Reactions: DRKsmoking
those and the plat look mighty tasty! Funny just saw the same cut at out Costco yesterday, I was like…..in wonder….. well I wonder no more….

Thanks civil for the like and the comment

Yes they cut them like that a lot here . And I mentioned above that dad used to cook them for sweet and sour spare ribs in a pot on the stove.
So they used to do that cut many many years ago around here lol

I like them like that once in a while. But now beef short ribs are my all time favorite. in the little rib department.

David

Had a package of pork side ribs cut ( at least that is what they were called on the package ), rubbed with Memphis Dry rib rub.
In a bag and in fridge for 24 hours

Smoker rolling at 225 +/- with Mesquite and Hickory chunk and Cherry chips and 3 charcoal briquettes in the CI pan

It is -7C and winds for last few days at 70 - 90 KM nice smoking weather , but I have some BB Bacon that had to go in as it was being delivered on Friday.

In the smoker with my BBB, the ribs did a 2+1,1/2 + 1, the last 45 topped with my Cherry Rhubarb Jam.

So just as they were ready to rest i the house as I about to start the rest, I got a call for an emergency for a customer , supper is now put off until tomorrow . The rib supper that is . The girls had to fend for themselves. As I would be late . and the Asian meal now set for the next day , which is now today .

View attachment 683946 View attachment 683947

View attachment 683948

View attachment 683949

This is where they had to wait for another day for me to chew on.

Next day into the oven to warm up , topped with more of my Cherry Rhubarb Jam made into a glaze

View attachment 683950

Made some fried rice with fried onions and couple of fried eggs all mixed in . And a few egg rolls

View attachment 683951

View attachment 683952

Well love these little cut ribs and the glaze is fantastic, if your not sure if I liked it here is the finished second plate.
Now time for a nap.

View attachment 683953

Thanks for looking and the smoke and the dry rub topped with my glaze , both the ladies and I were very happy

Thanks for hanging around ..

David

Now I will post my first BB Bacon.
Great color and nice plate!

Jason

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky