First whole hog success! Thank you! SMF!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinbrew

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
Pittsboro, NC
I know, q-view, I will get there. But I wanted to say the whole hog event yesterday was a huge success! It turned out better than I hoped! Compliments all around! Thank you all for your posts and knowledge! It would not have been possible with out your help! Pic will come. Success on a cinder block pit, with a fire box. 74 pound hanging weight pig. Low and slow for about 12 hours. Newbies, if you are hesitant, don't be. Read, follow and understand, you can do it! I am ready to do it again. Thanks to all of you!

SmokinBrew it sounds like it turned out great but you know the routine.
th_nopicsye3.gif
biggrin.gif

I admit I did not take precess shots as I should, but I was busy cooking the pig...  I will take some shots of the cooker to post later in the week.

3673ecde_IMG_1625.jpg
9a0b1e62_IMG_1626.jpg
66290718_IMG_1624.jpg

One of the best parts of this experience was getting the pig from a local farm.  I picked it up Friday, this pig was eating breakfast Friday morning, I actually got to watch the whole process.  Talk about understanding were the food comes from.  I even got to see the pen and everything.  It was great.  And WOW, fresh pork is the best!

Won't take many more threads and I'll be out collecting me up enough cinder blocks for a pit! lol  Congrats on a great cook!  Looking forward to more pics of the pit and all. :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky