Feeding hungry folks on both sides of the border, Thank you to those involved

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Acts of kindness like this is why you are one of the pillars of this community, David.
And to those involved on this side of the border, same goes to you folks as well. Thank you guys for being who you are.

Thank you Colin for the love and the comment

Nice of you to say, The kindness on this site is around every corner.
And I am glad to be able to help in any little way that I can when I can.

And also glad to be a part of this great community.

David

Reactions: JLeonard
Well I only told Mona and of coarse all you folks .

Last night after supper Mona's sister came over and asked if we did something as she received a call from Gary's sister. There was a posting on Face book , about a donation in Gary's name and Memory From the Shand family. So I told them that yes I did and explained the whole thing to them.

They were also quite pleased that this was done in Gary's memory .

I don't know how she found out , as I don't belong to anything on the internet except for this place. Someone somehow must have seen it, but that was fast.

This is what Gary's sister sent me , and thank me so much.

IMG_1015.JPEG

All for a great cause.

David

Simply an amazing thread. It just oozes awesomeness. Have you thought about how many people will be fed due to you winning the TD? Your efforts, generosity, and giving heart have fed dozens and dozens of people in need....and as you said, on both sides of the border. That sir is beyond any gift I've ever seen, heard of, or been part of. David my friend, you're a true testament to the culture of the forum and have taken it to a whole new level. Outstanding!!

Robert

Simply an amazing thread. It just oozes awesomeness. Have you thought about how many people will be fed due to you winning the TD? Your efforts, generosity, and giving heart have fed dozens and dozens of people in need....and as you said, on both sides of the border. That sir is beyond any gift I've ever seen, heard of, or been part of. David my friend, you're a true testament to the culture of the forum and have taken it to a whole new level. Outstanding!!

Robert

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment

All joking aside , It is hard for me to say what I really feel about all of this . I am just glad it worked out for a lot of other folks to get some good warm food and kindness. There are so many other folks to be thanked also, I am just glad I could do a part in it with them.

So thank you to everyone that has read this post and all the other posts on this site that have changed people a little, in their time of need. If not just a prayer or a thank you and sometimes even a unknowing gift from others on this great forum. It also makes others happy and then also do a little kindness

David

Last edited:
It's an awesome thing all the way around! People in Texas are being served as well as some north of the border! Been following along but life is busy for me now so just taking time to comment.

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
It's an awesome thing all the way around! People in Texas are being served as well as some north of the border! Been following along but life is busy for me now so just taking time to comment.

Ryan

Thanks for the comment Ryan

Yes many will have a nice warm meal and either side of the border, And that is a good thing.

David

Reactions: JLeonard
This all warms my soul David. Food is very near and dear to my heart. I’m working on a program here locally to feed the hungry. Like you said everyone has a story. Our focus will be to Native Americans and minorities but not exclusive to them. So seeing this post really hit home. Nicely done Sir. There is so much need for this kind of blessing in the land. Thank you for your kindness and thoughtfulness. I think this story is extraordinary for the times we live in.

This all warms my soul David. Food is very near and dear to my heart. I’m working on a program here locally to feed the hungry. Like you said everyone has a story. Our focus will be to Native Americans and minorities but not exclusive to them. So seeing this post really hit home. Nicely done Sir. There is so much need for this kind of blessing in the land. Thank you for your kindness and thoughtfulness. I think this story is extraordinary for the times we live in.

Thank you Eric for the like and the comment

That is a wonderful thing that you are doing and involved in.
Like the place that received the donation here called " Souls Harbour ". They welcome all and no questions asked , just please come in and have a seat. They will serve you a very nice hot meal. And an ear to talk to if you want. And they do a lot more , this is just the meal part. Help find , work, training, and shelter etc.

SEE - this is what I have been saying, this site is full of wonderful caring people that just don't think about themselves .
And yes everyone does have a story, and not everyone wants to admit they could use a helping hand , so I am glad we can do a little bit
to help out.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky