Shipping Natural Casings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Florida Chris

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 22, 2023
Kind of a follow-up to my PS Seasonings post...

One of the complaints I saw was that hog casings were shipped without any ice packs. Do they need to be shipped chilled? For those of you who buy online, how are yours shipped?

I understand the salt pack preserves them very well, but living in Florida it seems like a valid question. If my delivery gets dropped at the door at 8am and I don't get home from work until 5pm, are there any concerns with them sitting in the sun all day?

living in Florida it seems like a valid question.
I had some show up last summer on a 98 degree day . Instant read on my mailbox said 123 . Casings sat in there for 5 hours or so not to mention the ride in the mail truck .
Rinsed and stored like the link above , no issues .

Reactions: Florida Chris
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky