Brat ABT's, and (2) versions of ABT's w/ q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chisoxjim

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 25, 2007
Running out the last of my propane today in anticipation of the WSM that is sitting in my garage until an x-mas day rib smoke. So using the GOSM, and making ABT's which I feel the GOSM gasser does really well.

(3) different versions:

1st version is a jalapeno stuffed with a mixture of johnsonville brat, diced onion, diced jalapeno, minced garlic and sauerkraut, then topped with a chink of kilbasa before beign topped and wrapped in bacon.

2nd version is a variation of the above with no kilbasa.

Both of these will be interesting twists, and I think they will be good, gonna serve them with some dusseldorf mustard to dip them in

the 3rd version is a jalapeno stuffed with an italian sausage mix containing diced jalapeno, minced garlic, and mozzerella cheese. Topped & wrapped in bacon.

Made the leftover sausage mixtures into balls, and took the leftover brats I didnt remove the casing from and a couple small links of kilbasa & tossed them on the smoker as well.

Here are some of my prep pics:

ingredients:

brat mix:

italian sausage mix:

brat ABT:

tray of ABTs':

all in:

more pics to follow, thanks for looking.

Looks like some fine snacking to me
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

thanks

Just pulled the brats, the kilbasa, and the sausage balls off.

All good, love brats off the smoker, and the sausage ball with the mix I used in the brat ABT was excellent. the little bit of kraut really gives that mix a nice tang.

ABT's maybe have 25 minutes left to go..

just waiting for those ABT's, I am damn hungry after the sausage snack about 30 mins ago.

tic tock...
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

just finished chowing, brat mix in the ABT was really nice, all were good,

brat snack:

sliced:

sausage balls:

sliced:

ABT's:

also did a carrot cake in the oven for fun:

thanks for looking.

thanks chefrob, the different fillings made it fun, forgot which was which til I bit into them.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

thanks,. bacon sure does photograph nicely.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I love brats and I love ABTs...Carrot cake I would love a slice please...

great smoke, I just ate my last smoked brat, either I need to smoke more or I might be stopping by tomorrow
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Man Jim everything looks great. That cake looks awesome too.

Nice job there Jim!!! You always know how to take something and put your own nice little spin on it!

Great work!!!

thanks y'all, gonna have the ABT leftovers tonight in the form of some tacos with a couple fried eggs added to the mix..

the 2 layer carrot cake was pretty good(spicy, scratch version of the cake and cream cheese frosting from the recipe in Jow of Cooking, I only added a little ginger into the mix)., I am giving half to my boss with the hopes of an x-mas bonus coming my way(I share my bbq with him as well.)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky