1st Attempt TX Jalapeno and Cheese Smoked Sausage w/ QView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
There's an active thread on NFDM check it out for that and other binder options. Great information thread

From what I've been reading, an ice bath after pulling off the smoker at 148, will reduce the propensity of the sausage to wrinkle.
Also, NFPDM not only binds the meat but also allows for retention of fat juices so the meat won't dry out.
Yeah I took these a little higher than 148F in temp and did ice bath. I used wild pork meat so I think I took it to a temp where parasites are known to die just in case which I believe is low 150's.
If it was farm pork I believe I will try the 148F temps.
It also had NDFM so was rocking that for sure :D

There's an active thread on NFDM check it out for that and other binder options. Great information thread
Yeah I prefer NDFM. I've used Soy Isolate. It's easier and cheaper to just rock the NDFM :D

double post so deleting content in this duplicate lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky